No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: J. Mayweather: Roach Blew Smoke Up Everybody's Ass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
    Floyd looked better in the first fight? He was getting pounded on and manhandled the first half of the fight. How was that better? Oh yeah I get it its because he stood in the pocket and got beat on as opposed to his usual way of "boxing" in which he dominates his opponents. And I don't understand the excessive holding. Everytime Maidana pinned Floyd against the ropes and started teeing off, Floyd clinched. Every fighter does that. I can understand if Floyd did a Khan or Hatton and just clinch after every time he throws a punch but that wasn't the case. He only did it when pushed against the rope to take maidana out of his gameplan because that was the only way he could land punches. That's a common strategy. Floyd fought a smarter fight, was more dominant, and took less punishment. How you figure that performance was less then the first baffles me.
    He had to work harder the 1st fight showed more ability thus looked better... He had a game plan in the 2nd that was easier to pull off not as much ability needed thus he didn't look as good...

Comment

Translation: "Holding like the girl in Dirty Dancing = Brilliance, running like Forrest Gump = Proving critics wrong about the legs. Nephew can I get a loan now?"

Comment

Jeff is usually quiet and nonchalant out of everyone in the Mayweather clan but I guess the BS is so OD, that it got him hype and he talking now.

Comment

Yea Jeff I too would be proud if my nephew grabbed Madaina and didn't let him get his punches off what is this boxing or wrestling ?

Comment

I hold too if a guy only offense is to aim for my nuts and the back of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
              This is complete BS. That shot was nowhere near as clean as the Marquez KO punch. Pacquiao was coming forward and looking to land and Marquez threw a perfect short shot. Floyd was avoiding the action and left his hands down while going backwards. Completely different punch. Different fighters, different styles, different situation.
              wtf? floyd was coming foward with his pullcounter punch leaving himself completely exposed against one of the hardest punchers between 140-147. pacquiao's chin just isn't as good as it use to be.

Comment

everybody knows roach is the most overrated trainer in the sport. he doesn't teach his fighters defense or how to cut off the ring.

Comment

if floyd had his legs why did he have to hold nonstop? another dumbass mayweather contradicting himself 2 secs later.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                    Floyd looked better the first time they fought. This time around he ran and held like crazy while his newest employee Kenny Bayless watched on. Hearing Jeff say this is crazy. He grabed Maidana and didn't let him get anything off..... No ****! And what Floyd did in the twelfth??? That was cool too right??? Lol that **** was a joke. Mayweather shouldn't have even fought him again if that was gonna be the game plan. It was a good hard fought fight the first time. You rematch Maidana and it's to either knock him out like Hatton or blaze him like Gatti.
                    oh give me a break with that bayless crap

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      if floyd had his legs why did he have to hold nonstop? another dumbass mayweather contradicting himself 2 secs later.
                      i dont know maybe the fact that the guy hes fighting is the dirtiest in the sport inside and throws non stop hay makers. The guy is aging but anyone who watched the fight knows his legs were not gone or maidana would of been able to catch him period

Comment

Working...
                      X