Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

925,000 PPV Buys for Mayhem (Floyd V Maidana 2)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
    i wonder why UFC doesn't brag about their PPV numbers anymore.
    They aint sellin shit I'm a UFC fan but they're lucky to break 400k buys these days. That last Dillashaw card (177 I think) had to be a disaster

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
      ESPN Deportes is reporting that the fight didn't even reach 700,000 buys.

http://www.espndeportes.com/videohub...tes?id=2182773

so the "low ball" claim is 700,000 and the "high end" claim is 930,000

Take the average 815,000.....still not bad but not great either.

BTW, i still doubt the Pacquiao fight is gonna happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
        They aint sellin shit I'm a UFC fan but they're lucky to break 400k buys these days. That last Dillashaw card (177 I think) had to be a disaster
        No wonder Dana White talked about boxing promotion......

Streaming and PPV-fatique from both combat sports is contributing the decline. I am hoping they keep gettin less and less PPV and has to go back to the big four network.

Comment

• All these numbers a week after the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            ya'll see my point...somehow when a good number is reported by a know site it is a lie...but whoever the hell Rick Glassner who always has something negative to say about Floyd these posters run with it
            They don't even need Rick Glaser, whenever they hear something they don't like the same ten or so posters just declare it false and think they can circle jerk their idiocy into a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              All these numbers a week after the fight
              It's very unusual. I remember Schaefer when pressed about the numbers in the Guerrero fight he finally admitted that results can take months, even years. And I'm still looking for that article.

Fact that Espinoza announced just recently that they won't be releasing numbers makes all these early numbers suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                It's very unusual. I remember Schaefer when pressed about the numbers in the Guerrero fight he finally admitted that results can take months, even years. And I'm still looking for that article.

Fact that Espinoza announced just recently that they won't be releasing numbers makes all these early numbers suspect.
                Never knew he'd say that

Comment

It can indeed take months for the EXACT number of buys and the revenue to come in from all the different cable distributors, but if you have sources at Comcast, Time Warner, Directv, etc you can get enough data to make a reasonable projection (+/- 25k-50k buys) even without any info coming directly from Showtime...........

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                    ESPN Deportes is reporting that the fight didn't even reach 700,000 buys.

http://www.espndeportes.com/videohub...tes?id=2182773
                    There you go. This source says it didn't even reach 700K.

Comment

There you go. This source says it didn't even reach 700K.
                      Ok so you are going to believe the low number but completely ignore the high number?? why would anyone take you seriously?

Comment

Working...
                      X