Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly are the "big fights" we are going to get from GBP working with TR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far Oscar & Eric haven't done **** with Arum or anything really. Oscar gets mad at Schaefer for not signing fighters, because he had these fighters fighting under the GBP banner on a verbal agreement, and here is Oscar doing the same damn thing but giving us one sided fights on Showtime.

I don't see Oscar & Arum doing any business any time soon to many things will get in the way like the fight will be on HBO or Showtime what sponsors Tecate or Corona plus you got AL Haymon+Arum=no fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
      So far Oscar & Eric haven't done **** with Arum or anything really. Oscar gets mad at Schaefer for not signing fighters, because he had these fighters fighting under the GBP banner on a verbal agreement, and here is Oscar doing the same damn thing but giving us one sided fights on Showtime.

I don't see Oscar & Arum doing any business any time soon to many things will get in the way like the fight will be on HBO or Showtime what sponsors Tecate or Corona plus you got AL Haymon+Arum=no fight.
      Probably hard for Oscar to sign the guys now that they are with Haymon..I'm sure he's advising them not to sign for more then a fight by fight basis...

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
        You're an idiot.

Rios vs Mayweather poll

And this is only Rios.
        Lol, who in their right mind thinks Rios has a chance against Mayweather? These were all haters/ Pac fans who voted for Rios and you know it. If Rios vs Mayweather ( even with the decline of Mayweather) Floyd would be at very least a 20-1 favorite.

The funny thing is that you would actually post that, and turn around and call someone else an idiot. Truly comical

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Probably hard for Oscar to sign the guys now that they are with Haymon..I'm sure he's advising them not to sign for more then a fight by fight basis...
          yeah they are not going to sign with GBP this is why it's back to the drawing board for GBP. time to go out and find some young talent. Al Haymon is a smart guy he screwed Schaefer & Hoya and has the boxingscene in a headlock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            But that's smart for the fighter to sign on a fight by fight basis. That means we won't see these fighters having the same issues that Ward, Garcia, and Chavez Jr are having.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
              yeah they are not going to sign with GBP this is why it's back to the drawing board for GBP. time to go out and find some young talent. Al Haymon is a smart guy he screwed Schaefer & Hoya and has the boxingscene in a headlock.
              Which would be fine if he would put his guys in tough with each other...this whole year was a no go on that front...let's hope it changes but after what he pulled with Quillen, it looks like it may be more of the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jayblack View Post
                But that's smart for the fighter to sign on a fight by fight basis. That means we won't see these fighters having the same issues that Ward, Garcia, and Chavez Jr are having.
                I agree....I just can't stand the way Haymon is matching his guys against tomato cans left and right... I'm all for him getting his guys maximum profit but at least throw the fans a bone here and there ya know.

Comment

There is a lot more possibilities when all fighters are an option. Only dipstick riders can justify for a cold war.

As for schaefer trying to rule boxing? That's a bunch of BS, he was funneling all the GBP fighters to haymon fighters.

Comment

So far the supposed ending of the feud has produced no fights at all. Golden Boy fighters still fight other Golden Boy fighters and Top Rank fighters only fight Top Rank fighters. I would love to see Bradley fight Khan and Pacquiao fight Garcia or Thurman but other than Oscar and Arum being nice to each other I see no evidence that they are putting on fights with their big stars fighting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      So far the supposed ending of the feud has produced no fights at all. Golden Boy fighters still fight other Golden Boy fighters and Top Rank fighters only fight Top Rank fighters. I would love to see Bradley fight Khan and Pacquiao fight Garcia or Thurman but other than Oscar and Arum being nice to each other I see no evidence that they are putting on fights with their big stars fighting each other.
                      And the one common denominator in all those fights is Al Haymon....

Comment

Working...
                      X