Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Stays, Roman Rises: Pound for Pound Update

He’s still undefeated.

He’s still number one.

Floyd Mayweather’s place at the top of the list is likely to hold until he loses, but there are new faces arriving to pursue his mythical crown. Perhaps none is more exciting than Flyweight Roman Gonzalez. Given a chance in his third division, Gonzalez did what he does in title shots and stopped tough veteran Akira Yaegashi to capture the Flyweight crown.

Previously fifth, it was enough to merit a rise. How high? Click below to find out. [Click Here To Read More]

That was one of the worst pound for pound list i have ever seen

Comment

I agree with Have Not. If those are the 10 best fighters, boxing is on it's death bed.

Comment

How long do we have to wait for Andre Ward to be omitted from these lists?

Comment

I don't agree with skipping Chocolatito over Ward but I can understand it due to Ward's inactivity. This could maybe have waited until S.O.G had officially been without a fight for 1 full year. Love Roman though and he definitely deserves recognition as one of the sport's elite.

Juan Francisco Estrada at #9 is an interesting choice. Don't think his resume is better than Danny Garcia's.

Comment

Altogether don't agree with many of them.

But what strikes me most is that Andre Ward is in top 3, but there's no Wladimir Klitschko? That's laughable.
            Last edited by LacedUp; 09-15-2014, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Gonzalez at 2? looooooool

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I don't agree with skipping Chocolatito over Ward but I can understand it due to Ward's inactivity. This could maybe have waited until S.O.G had officially been without a fight for 1 full year. Love Roman though and he definitely deserves recognition as one of the sport's elite.

Juan Francisco Estrada at #9 is an interesting choice. Don't think his resume is better than Danny Garcia's.
                I think they are close in quality and Estrada is having a better year. IMO, Viloria and Matty are equally solid.

I be went back and forth on Ward, Rigo, and Roman. They're all special talents. Roman has been the best in three classes and his continued dominance won.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  I think they are close in quality and Estrada is having a better year. IMO, Viloria and Matty are equally solid.

I be went back and forth on Ward, Rigo, and Roman. They're all special talents. Roman has been the best in three classes and his continued dominance won.
                  Why did Ward stay there?

Comment

Gonzalez is one of the best fighters in the world. Criminally underrated, even by so called boxing fans.

Comment

Working...
                    X