No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Maidana Showtime PPV Purse Figures

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
    Amazing pay but maidana getting low balled again, the guy totally desrves to win but he must earn that right in the ring
    How is he getting lowballed? He's shown no ability to draw during his career and the first fight didn't sell (by Floyd's standards.)

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
      TopRank B side fighters of PPV main events get paid much more. I remember Bradley getting $5mil, Rios got around $2mil I think + a guarantee of around $1m for his fight after Pacquaio...
      When it comes to Top Rank fights, Bob Arum keeps the majority of the money. Bradley made $5 million for fighting Pacquaio. Pacquaio was only guaranteed $8.5 million for the Bradley fight, according to the contract filed with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. In the end, Arum made more than both of them combined.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Floyd hasn't signed the contract. He's trying to pull out at the 11th hour. What a coward.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember a poster with the same name on the HBO site - did you used to post on that site?
        Anyhow, Floyd has trained for however number of weeks, has done all the promotion including All Access and you want to tell us he is trying to pull out?
        Are you serious or do you just hate the guy?

He fought Maidana once so where are you getting this "fear" thing when everything has been done to make this fight?

Comment

Floyd hasn't signed the contract. He's trying to pull out at the 11th hour. What a coward.
          “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” Mark Twain

Comment

It says Mayweather hasn't FILED his contract yet not that he hasn't SIGNED his contract yet.

Comment

Probably waiting till the last minute to add in the demands for which gloves Maidana HAS to use.

And by today it will be too late for Maidana to say no. Because you would have to think "I'm in this far".

Either way, like Kevin Iole predicts "this fight will make under 1 mil PPV buys"

He might be right because I'm not getting this fight. There is no challenge here

Just a repeat. Mayweather keeps fighting people that ARE NOT experienced at the PPV status. Not even Canelo was there. He was a rising young star. He is a STAR with the PUBLIC, not a STAR in BOXING.

Meaning Canelo is still a youngster, as was Ortiz, as is Maidana.. People forget Maidana was on his way to retiring 2 fights before he fought Mayweather.

Mayweather just seems to fight old people past their prime starting all the way back with Gatti. And if they aren't past their prime he actually does do a fform of "cherry picking" . In the sense that, that is exactly what they are cherries/ new comers.

$70 to not watch him trade punches. To basically run around till the opponent gets tired out and then throw 10-20 punches a round just to win the round.

EVERYONE has seen that movie over and over again. I don't see the difference between him and Joshua Clotty. Clotty blocks most of his opponents punches and barely gives anything in return (especially in the Pacquiao) fight.

And I don't think ANYONE would pay $70 to see Clotty fight. But if Clotty started running off his mouth and started having All Access shows and 24/7 shows then maybe you can sucker some people into buying it. That's always been Mayweather's recipe.

Rather go to a nice ass restaurant with my woman for $70

Buy a new video game for $70

New pair of shoes for $70

fill up the gas tank in the suv for $70

lolololol

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                Maidana should be making more than $3mil. It's him who's making this match interesting!
                He gets a 2nd chance to win. That's worth $10 million......if he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by mzembe View Post
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i remember a poster with the same name on the hbo site - did you used to post on that site?
                  Anyhow, floyd has trained for however number of weeks, has done all the promotion including all access and you want to tell us he is trying to pull out?

He fought maidana once so where are you getting this "fear" thing when everything has been done to make this fight?
                  he's pulling your pud.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post

I remember a poster with the same name on the HBO site - did you used to post on that site?
                    Anyhow, Floyd has trained for however number of weeks, has done all the promotion including All Access and you want to tell us he is trying to pull out?

He fought Maidana once so where are you getting this "fear" thing when everything has been done to make this fight?
                    Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” Mark Twain
                    Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
                    It says Mayweather hasn't FILED his contract yet not that he hasn't SIGNED his contract yet.

Originally posted by bimhead View Post
                    he's pulling your pud.
                    This trolling thing is fun at times

Comment

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post

Yes, that was me.

Comment

Working...
                      X