Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else thought that Paul Williams would have beaten Floyd @147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres a reason why Floyd only fights guys who are shorter than him and have a shorter reach.

Paul Williams destroys Floyd. It would either be a 12-0 shutout or a mid to late stoppage and I'm talking about any version of floyd

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
      The fact that Williams would have thrown at least 1200 punches in the fight, with his reach and length wouldn't have bothered Floyd and Floyd would've easily won?
      1200 sloppy punches with no rhythm or balance behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Quintana is not in Floyds class and he out boxed him , prime Floyd has out of this world skills and would box circles around him .
        Comparing fighters never work in boxing outcomes. Anyone who watches boxing on a regular basis should know that.

Comment

Mayweather would just need to use his legs and he'd cruise to an easy UD.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            he really didn't hit very hard at 147. i think he was a total zombie at the weight. it's amazing that his chin was good, and that he threw so many punches, considering how hard it must have been to get to 147.

he might outwork mayweather and win a decision. i still think you have to pick floyd. he was just a better welterweight. i know it's a lame argument to say that, but williams lost to carlos freaking quintana.

mayweather would give up close to half a foot in height, over half a foot in reach, and he'd probably give up at least 10 lbs in the ring, probably more. i still think he wins. he was just a better welterweight.

today's floyd gets outworked, doe. he was on the ropes against marcos freaking maidana. his legs are all done. prime williams would beat 37 year old mayweather up.
            I initially thought Paul would have beaten Floyd (and I'm a huge Floyd fan). I thought his workrate was just to high and his chin was so great that he could withstand and walk through whatever Floyd threw at him (hell he stayed in there with Antonio "Hands of Plaster of Paris" Margarito). But after Quitana was able to outbox him, I just found it hard to argue that he could beat the best boxer of this era.

I personally don't think Floyd's legs are gone. He chose to stay on the ropes for much of the Cotto fight, then he moved around for the Gurrero fight, then he got on his toes for the Canelo fight. So being that he stayed on the ropes for Maidana just one fight after he was on his toes, leads me to believe he chose to fight that way vs having to fight that way.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
              Comparing fighters never work in boxing outcomes. Anyone who watches boxing on a regular basis should know that.
              Im not comparing fighters , Im comparing classes ., I watched boxing longer than youve been alive kid .

Comment

Prime floyd would of ran his way to a split decision bad style for him but i just see him landing rights at will to the head and body which is what he usually did against southpaws i see him going in and out like he did to corrales but
                No knockdowns

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Im not comparing fighters , Im comparing classes ., I watched boxing longer than youve been alive kid .
                  What's the difference? Comparing fighters or skill level is the same thing. You've watched boxing for that long and haven't heard "styles make fights"? Seems like you're not really watching. The fact that Quintana was a southpaw too most likely benefited him and if my memory serves me correctly he got ko'd in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    Theres a reason why Floyd only fights guys who are shorter than him and have a shorter reach.

Paul Williams destroys Floyd. It would either be a 12-0 shutout or a mid to late stoppage and I'm talking about any version of floyd
                    This.

Floyd would get wrecked. High volume is the key to beat Fraud

Comment

Quintana is a southpaw, and fights nothing like Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X