Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Talk of Fighters Having "Balls"...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Talk of Fighters Having "Balls"...

.....is a load of old codswallop. Yeah I said it......codswallop!

All fighters have balls to a certain degree. It takes balls to step through the ropes and I commend all fighters for having that. They also have brains. No one is just going out there for free for your personal entertainment.

All I read on here is about how some unknown foreign fighter just went out and faced a killer for a bus fare and a bag of rice in front of 4 people. And how much "BALLZ" it took for him to do that.

It doesn't any extra balls to do what you're forced to do to earn money and become relevant in the sport of boxing. No one knows who these dudes are and they don't have a load of other attractive options.

If Yoshi Kamegushi or whoever was signed by Al Haymon and offered 750k to fight a Rod Salka type opponent on Showtime, do you actually think he'd say, "No thankyou Mister. Ar Haymon sir, I lather fight undefeated kirrer Loman Gonzarez for handfur of lice"

I'm sure these guys are getting the best paydays of their lives to take these fights, they are just not in the limelight as much as other boxers so they get this unwarranted extra praise for no reason.

I keep hearing how Kiko Martinez has massive balls for coming to Belfast to fight Frampton. Do people not know he turned down the fight several times in the past and needed to be paid a ridiculous amount to eventually agree? Come on now.

Can we stop this "balls" talk? There are almost no instances of fighters actually letting their hearts rule their heads in this day and age. It may not be what you want to hear but it's true.
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 09-05-2014, 09:35 AM.

I actually agree with you. People who already set foot in the ring have balls by default. And kiko doesn't have balls when he turned down the rematch after somehow getting a title shot after losing before.

Comment

Yeah oh well, Hagrid. Codswallops, I agree with you to certain extent.

If you would get paid a lot to fight Golovkin and you take it. Does that mean you have balls?

Comment

I'm honestly more sick of hearing how ALL fighters have balls. If you're not challenging yourself by choosing fights where you may actually lose there's no bravery involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Project View Post
          Yeah oh well, Hagrid. Codswallops, I agree with you to certain extent.

If you would get paid a lot to fight Golovkin and you take it. Does that mean you have balls?
          If the money is there, people will fight Golovkin. The guy isn't as big a star as people on NSB want him to be though.

If Cotto comes out next year and fights Golovkin with a Canelo fight on the table, I'll hold my hands up and start talking about his giant BALLZ like everyone else. That's not going to happen though, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            If the money is there, people will fight Golovkin. The guy isn't as big a star as people on NSB want him to be though.

If Cotto comes out next year and fights Golovkin with a Canelo fight on the table, I'll hold my hands up and start talking about his giant BALLZ like everyone else. That's not going to happen though, is it?
            this is what's wrong with boxing's collective consciousness

fans get more joy out of fights not being made. When this happens they can call so and so scared. When fights actually get made they cry about it the majority of the time

this sport is good at attracting lame losers for fans. guys who are always in a state of dissatisfaction

Comment

Originally posted by Kulilin View Post
              I'm honestly more sick of hearing how ALL fighters have balls. If you're not challenging yourself by choosing fights where you may actually lose there's no bravery involved.
              There's also no extra bravery involved in taking risky fights if that's what you HAVE TO DO.

One guy said to me yesterday that Lucas Matthysse is taking on killers (which he isn't really). Duh....Matthysse LOST to Garcia, he's at the bottom of the barrel. He has to take extra risks and do something to become relevant again.

Another one is Thurman. No one knows who the kid is. Of course he's calling out the world. But you can bet your bottom dollar, if he ever gets on top, he'll start choosing his fights too.

It's already happened with Golovkin and his reluctance to fight Andre Ward.

Comment

Golovkin doesn't bring money yet. People confuse ratings with earnings and hes tough but people can get paid the same fighting lesser opponents. Its like saying youd send 10 emails a day for 1000$ or 1000 for 10$...which would you choose.

Comment

Leave it to the Brit to complain about fighters actually wanting to fight the best and biggest threats

Comment

There's also no extra bravery involved in taking risky fights if that's what you HAVE TO DO.

One guy said to me yesterday that Lucas Matthysse is taking on killers (which he isn't really). Duh....Matthysse LOST to Garcia, he's at the bottom of the barrel. He has to take extra risks and do something to become relevant again.

Another one is Thurman. No one knows who the kid is. Of course he's calling out the world. But you can bet your bottom dollar, if he ever gets on top, he'll start choosing his fights too.

It's already happened with Golovkin and his reluctance to fight Andre Ward.
                    Those idiots, who do they think they are, wanting the best out there, what kind of person can respect that kind of behavior

Comment

Working...
                    X