Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super-fly and flyweight division should be scrapped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the light weights need to be dropped and combined as there's not much competition nor competitors in some of them. Most of the fighters around those weights weigh the same any way, it's just a matter of water weight.

Comment

I think we should scrap Welterweight

For no reason really, I just feel like it

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        I think we should scrap Welterweight

For no reason really, I just feel like it
        Middleweight as well. Fighters can make 154 or 168 just as easily, it's all water weight after all.

Comment

But one cannot scrap Zou Shiming's division.

Comment

Even though he's trolling most people actually agree with the OP.

Those divisions will never be popular. It's like a niche ****o genre and the people who like it get really angry when you tell them it's gross.
            Last edited by E. O. Wilson; 09-05-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

One thing I will say though is that we should get rid of the "super" classes at lower weights. You know the ones where the difference is only a few pounds. I like the lower weight classes but when there's only like 3 pounds seperating them then it takes away the meaning of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
                One thing I will say though is that we should get rid of the "super" classes at lower weights. You know the ones where the difference is only a few pounds. I like the lower weight classes but when there's only like 3 pounds seperating them then it takes away the meaning of them.
                Agreed. Don't scrape all, that's stupid. Just condense them and weeding out the supers in the lower weights is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  I'd be fine with getting rid of everything south of 122.
                  Likewise actually!
                  I just can't take any particular interest in it, I wont go out my way to watch it and even at that rarely are those minimum weights gave much attention its just like two anorexic bag of bones fighting each other I don't like seeing that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnunakiJesus View Post
                    Even though he's trolling most people actually agree with the OP.

Those divisions will never be popular. It's like a niche ****o genre and the people who like it get really angry when you tell them it's gross.
                    If they weren't popular guys like Ioka and Yaegashi wouldn't be making 500,000 to 800,000 a fight. They just aren't popular in America where Kim Kardashian is popular. Most Americans are ignorant, fat, stupid ****s. That sums it all up.

Comment

I'd red K you but your intelligence is clearly not upto the standard of someones who deserves it.

You are taking the right away from someone who is probably 5'4 tall to become successful in their path to glory. You have no right to say the divisions should be scrapped, if you were someone who barely made it to 5'5 in height and wanted to be a boxer, what if someone came along and said "Oye midget fuckoff your too small!" how would you feel?.

Exactly, the whole reason weightclasses are there is to enable safe and fair fights are being made (with the exception of Rodrick "Braveheart" Salka) so appreciate the fact we have this luxury in the sport.

If you dont like watching smaller fighters change the channel not disrespect someone who eats, sleeps, trains and lives the life of a extremely hard working boxer you buffoon!.

Comment

Working...
                      X