No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner is Good For Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Name 2 American black fighters in the last 5 years that have been beloved by all
    Shane Mosley gets a ridiculous amount of love and romanticism considering he's an admitted steroid cheat.

I'm sure there are a small minority of people who don't like Broner simply because he's black but it's kinda lazy to just play the race card so easily.

He markets himself in a way in which is going to generate a lot of negativity.....same as Mayweather.

Comment

That was funny

Comment

Broner is erudite in his own way.

The dude definitely has a bit of charm. And in the ring he delivers as far as I am concerned.

He is a world class fighter and if he stays away from 147 he will in some great fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Shane Mosley gets a ridiculous amount of love and romanticism considering he's an admitted steroid cheat.

I'm sure there are a small minority of people who don't like Broner simply because he's black but it's kinda lazy to just play the race card so easily.

He markets himself in a way in which is going to generate a lot of negativity.....same as Mayweather.
          I got no motives to play the race card

I'm not even black

Move along dirk , get out of your own thread
          Last edited by jas; 09-07-2014, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Name 2 American black fighters in the last 5 years that have been beloved by all
            I cant think of any black or white. there's some white fighters that get hate every bit as much as black fighters. its behavior and such that brings on the hate from fans. it shouldnt be assumed to be race when it goes both ways
            Last edited by beez721; 09-07-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

P. Will, Crawford, Jacobs, Kirkland, Mosley, Forrest, Cunningham. They aren't "beloved by all", but they don't receive much hate. Peterson didn't receive hate until his testosterone 'situation'.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 09-07-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                P. Will, Crawford, Jacobs, Kirkland, Mosley, Forrest, Cunningham. They aren't "beloved by all", but they don't receive much hate. Peterson didn't receive hate until his testosterone 'situation'.
                Fair play , those are some good names. I was wrong .

Comment

I'm not a fan of Ab, but he is must watch boxing as far as the square circle is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                    I cant think of any black or white. there's some white fighters that get hate every bit as much as black fighters. its behavior and such that brings on the hate from fans. it shouldnt be assumed to be race when it goes both ways
                    Which white fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      I'm not a fan of Ab, but he is must watch boxing as far as the square circle is concerned.
                      People get it. He is must watch boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X