Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Chris Algieri Good looks and boxing skill make him a future super star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Algieri has no power. DLH was an entertaining fighter with knockout power. Although he has movie star looks to capture some fans, I think Chris' style will not help garner casual fans who watched fights based on popularity. If Pacquiao had DLH's or Algieris face, he would be beyond a god.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargerie View Post
      dude 100 % agree that Algerie could be the next ODL i mean he has the looks he has the skills and he's white!
      Replying to your own thread is hilarious Do you change your voice when posting under alts while sounding out each word you type too? I mean, serious question

Comment

Originally posted by Wargerie View Post
        dude 100 % agree that Algerie could be the next ODL i mean he has the looks he has the skills and he's white!
        Lmfao, dude I am new here and I can tell that an alt for the guy who posted this thread.

This site is with all the fighter bashing and fan boys is really entertaining, lol

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Well are you backing down now?

Didn't you previously say this is a **** fight that Chris isn't a problem for Pac?

Well lets just do a bet on points, 1 trillion if your are so confident that Chris is a push over that Pac will beat him easy.

I already got a sig bet with Rip Chudd, im that confident that Algieri will put on a master class.

He is tall, has speed, has lenght, has siz, has stamina and boxing ability that Pac has extreme trouble with. Pac cannot cut off the ring or pressure fight.

This is a bettors dream, any smart gambler will be drooling over this fight, 14-1 underdog who is actually a live dog, only problem is can Chris win a decision in MAcau over Pac?

So lets put that points up bro, I got Chris beating Pac. you down? if not than don't complain it just means you know the truth that its really a dangerous fight for Pac.
          It is a **** fight and I have no problems picking Manny to beat him. I'll take that bet.

Comment

chris has the makings of a superstar and arum knows this.

undefeated? check
            top level boxing skills? check
            world champion? check
            magnetic personality? check
            american good boy image? check
            the looks? check

etc. etc.

chris is an easy sell and has the skills to go to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Wow talk about hating, the legendary Rich Moratto, tweeted this when girls were rooting for Chris. Makes it sound like Chris is all looks and no talent, Chris can actually box extremely well.

Still a pretty dumbass comment by Marotta.
              Being smart helps you in the ring? Hell yes it does you dumbMF!
              About being good looking, it wont help him in the ring but it sure as hell will help him get a)Women on the crowd on his side b)MUCH more attractive in terms of marketing for ad campaigns and such.
              Chris is a pretty good boxer, nice skills that surprsied me against Provo, although I'd be surprised if he beats Pacman. Pac has 70% chance of winning this one IMO, and that's because Algieri is pretty skilled and smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
                If its a good fight, they shouldn't have much trouble promoting him. He seems humble and genuine, which is just the kind of poster boy boxing needs now. Who knows, it could be the start of something new.
                These gusy dont know marketing and promotion, win lose or draw, Chris is easy to promote, but if he wins against the great Pacman, he will become a gold mine just send him over to those women talk shows and stuff and they will crush on him he is well spoken and handsome.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  It is a **** fight and I have no problems picking Manny to beat him. I'll take that bet.
                  Cool, Ill bet you 1 trillion points that Manny can't hurt, or knock down algieri.

Comment

Clearly they're trying to milk this. It'll be old news after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                      chris has the makings of a superstar and arum knows this.

undefeated? check
                      top level boxing skills? check
                      world champion? check
                      magnetic personality? check
                      american good boy image? check
                      the looks? check

etc. etc.

chris is an easy sell and has the skills to go to the top.
                      all those things dont matter if you cant beat great fighters in exciting fashion. that's why pacquiao became mainstream. he had hall of famers to match up with who also had exciting action styles. algieri has none of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X