Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof that undefeated does not equal great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Comment

I can't stand Mayweather personally. I think avoiding Pac is the most cowardly thing any boxer has done.

And sure, being undefeated against a cherry-picked or weak baseline of opposition does not exactly ensure greatness.

But going 46-0 against one of the best resumes of any boxer of all time DEFINITELY constitutes greatness from an in-ring boxing perspective.

Anybody who'd deny that is a joke.

Comment

he is black and fly, and lives the life all the G´s rap about= GOAT

Comment

The OP makes sense, but I don't think anyone was under the illusion Floyd had a great resume and had fought great fighters anyway, otherwise hed at least be FOTD.

Floyd is famous for being cautious and not taking risks and not fighting much, so that lends itself to people believing he could have done more and had potential unfulfilled, rather than thinking he has this unbelievable record and career.

Floyd is padding his career out now with some nice wins, but still he isn't taking the biggest risks, otherwise hed have fought Pac in his prime, Canelo at 154, would have beat Sergio instead of Miguel having to show him how to do it, and hed be chasing GGG, like BH did to kovalev, and at least let Maidana wear his gloves, I could literally go on, and on and on, but I think you get my message.

Floyds famous for what he doesn't do than rather what he does do.
          Last edited by hugh grant; 09-04-2014, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            The OP makes sense, but I don't think anyone was under the illusion Floyd had a great resume and had fought great fighters anyway, otherwise hed at least be FOTD.

Floyd is famous for being cautious and not taking risks and not fighting much, so that lends itself to people believing he could have done more and had potential unfulfilled, rather than thinking he has this unbelievable record and career.

Floyd is padding his career out now with some nice wins, but still he isn't taking the biggest risks, otherwise hed have fought Pac in his prime, Canelo at 154, would have beat Sergio instead of Miguel having to show him how to do it, and hed be chasing GGG, like BH did to kovalev, and at least let Maidana wear his gloves, I could literally go on, and on and on, but I think you get my message.

Floyds famous for what he doesn't do than rather what he does do.
            Although you are a huge jackass and have exposed yourself as a fool with this post, Mayweather definitely does have a great resume), You made a solid point.

Floyd will be remembered for what he didn't do more tha what he did.

He took his legacy and flushed it completely down the toilet!

By the way your knocking of the Canelo victory because of 2lbs was a nice touch and chasing GGG etc who are about 4 natural weight classes higher was even more ridiculous
            Last edited by Elroy1; 09-04-2014, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather is a great fighter. Period. Anyone who denies that has no sense of the history of this sport.

Comment

OP define great ?

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  OP define great ?

Mike D Baby!!!

Comment

I wonder if any other fighter could have gone undefeated fighting this resume?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
                      Floyd Mayweather is a great fighter. Period. Anyone who denies that has no sense of the history of this sport.
                      Normally I would love to argue with you because I dislike Floyd and have plenty bad to say about him.

But anybody who says he isn't a great fighter cannot be taken seriously...

Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                      X