Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams vs Vernon Forrest at 147..Fernando Vargas vs Kirkland at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna go with the more polished boxers, Forrest and Vargas. Williams - Forrest is a tougher call for me though. Forrest's long right hand was a beauty. I could see him tagging P-Will.

Comment

Prime Vargas is mentally strong enough and skilled enough to beat Kirkland

As for Forrest vs Williams, Williams causes anybody issues because of his movement and height but he has some defensive flaws and even though he beat margacheato before the cheat was a faded version of his prime self, margarito was catching Williams with right hands down the stretch.

My instinct is that I would lean towards Forrest via decision but would have to watch back a couple rounds of footage before being sure

Comment

Williams vs Forrest is tough
        But Vargas stop Kirkland early he's ten times the fighter angulo is and he almost stopped Kirkland. Vargas hits just as hard and is a much better boxer then Kirkland it's really a mismatch unless Vargas says **** it and goes to war

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          prime Vargas and Forresnt IMO are easily the much better fighters in these matchups
          ^^^^^^^^^just my 2 cents

Comment

I think Williams-Forrest would be close with the edge going to Forrest. I think Vargas blows Kirkland out.

Comment

Forrest by late stoppage or wide D. Vargas by ko or tko within the first half of the fight.

Comment

I have to give Forrest over Paul because Vernon's jab would've neatralized Paul's work rate.

James with Anne Wolfe was a beast but I think I would've given Fernando the nod pre-Tito of course.

Comment

Working...
                X