No announcement yet.

Barrera fans stop acting like he battered Hamed when he outboxed him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, Barrera outboxed him.
    By repeatedly punching Hamed in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
      Resumes:
      So if I was a CEO once, and had a bunch of crappy jobs... And you never were a CEO and had a bunch of crappy jobs--who has the better "resume"?

Hamed fought no one of note. His record was spotless and inflated because of it. Don't be a fanboy-- look at the facts.

I am looking at the facts, which you're either immune to or are ignorant of. The facts are that Hamed was actually beating ranked opposition, whereas the only top ranked fighter Barrera beat was McKinney.

You look at just about every prominent featherweight from that period - Medina, Johnson, Kelley, Vazquez - and Hamed beat them in route to establishing himself as the clear and consensus top dog of the division (something you generally don't do by fighting "no one of note.")

By all means, do look at the "facts" when discussing this sport with someone who's knowledge of it spans beyond the last five years in future, bruv.

Comment

Barrera made it look real easy. He had a fairly simple strategy, albeit executed by a master, and it completely nullified Naz. He had no answer and Barrera made him look silly on a number of occasions. Naz didn't get battered, but he was totally dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stokes View Post
          I am looking at the facts, which you're either immune to or are ignorant of. The facts are that Hamed was actually beating ranked opposition, whereas the only top ranked fighter Barrera beat was McKinney.

You look at just about every prominent featherweight from that period - Medina, Johnson, Kelley, Vazquez - and Hamed beat them in route to establishing himself as the clear and consensus top dog of the division (something you generally don't do by fighting "no one of note.")

By all means, do look at the "facts" when discussing this sport with someone who's knowledge of it spans beyond the last five years in future, bruv.

Sorry, "bruv"... But I just don't think Hamed was impressive, and his competition wasn't so fierce. And, I don't know what "knowledge spans beyond the last five years in future" means

I'm noticing a trend on here: if someone doesn't agree with someone it's automatically some sort of pissing contest based on who has been watching the sport longer. Let's stop that. I'm no Johnny come lately. Again, I've been to many fights, I've fought, and my family has been doing it for generations. It's a matter of perspective. Again, I was never impressed either Hamed or his competition. He got schooled that night, and he ran from the sport after that. (Barring one fight). That's the way it went down. This wave of Hamed sympathizers are usually just delusional euro dudes. We never bought the hype here in the states.

Comment

Call it what you want. All I know is that was beautiful to watch.

Comment

I thought Barrera dominated.

Comment

Whatever you want to call winning 9 rounds while landing flush combinations and embarrassing him along the way, that's what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
                  Sorry, "bruv"... But I just don't think Hamed was impressive, and his competition wasn't so fierce. And, I don't know what "knowledge spans beyond the last five years in future" means

I'm noticing a trend on here: if someone doesn't agree with someone it's automatically some sort of pissing contest based on who has been watching the sport longer. Let's stop that. I'm no Johnny come lately. Again, I've been to many fights, I've fought, and my family has been doing it for generations. It's a matter of perspective. Again, I was never impressed either Hamed or his competition. He got schooled that night, and he ran from the sport after that. (Barring one fight). That's the way it went down. This wave of Hamed sympathizers are usually just delusional euro dudes. We never bought the hype here in the states.

Whether you think he was impressive or not is irrelevant and a subjective matter. You stated that his record was padded and that he beat no one of note, which the actual rankings of that period will reveal isn't actually true. That is not a subjective matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stokes View Post
                    Whether you think he was impressive or not is irrelevant and a subjective matter. You stated that his record was padded and that he beat no one of note, which the actual rankings of that period will reveal isn't actually true. That is not a subjective matter.
                    Yeah, because the rankings always reflect the stiffest competition... Come on, man. That doesn't mean sh##

Are you English?

Comment

Im sure a young strong Marquez turned down a massive payday to avoid Hamed? People talking like Hamed was at his peak when he lost get off his toes guys the guy was a force to be reckoned with back in the 90s and itshowed when he turned up in form (Kevin Kelley) the man was destructive.

Barrera beat him fair and square it was a UD but not where he beat the living daylights of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X