Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we see two huge upsets happening within a week?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we see two huge upsets happening within a week?

Say what you want about them but Klitschko and Mayweather are two most dominant champions of the past 10 years.

They're both fighting tough challengers next month

Wlad's fighting Pulev on September 6, Floyd is taking on Maidana a week later.

I genuinely believe that one of them will get old overnight and will lose but is it possible that two ATG's will lose within 7 days?

Pulev is the best HW not named Klitschko right now and ,as the first showed us, Maidana is not a walk in the park to Floyd either.

They're both pushing 40, they're both have been dominanting for so long but is now the time for them to end their reigns?

How the boxing world would react?

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Szef; 08-24-2014, 12:19 PM.

Wlad knocks pulev out

Comment

pulev is feather fisted and maidana gets too reckless when it counts

wlad and the illiterate will reign for another few fights

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        Say what you want about them but Klitschko and Mayweather are two most dominant champions of the past 10 years.

They're both fighting tough challengers next month

Wlad's fighting Pulev on September 6, Floyd is taking on Maidana a week later.

I genuinely believe that one of them will get old over night and will lose but is it possible that two ATG's will lose within 7 days?

Pulev is the best HW not named Klitschko right now and ,as the first showed us, Maidana is not a walk in a park to Floyd either.

They're both pushing 40, they're both has been dominanting for so long but is now the time for them to end their reigns?

How the boxing world would react?

What do you guys think?
        Pulev is one of the best opponents WK has faced. Yet he isn't particularly dangerous for Wlad and technically is not nearly as good. I highly doubt Wlad has aged overnight THAT much. But there is a remote chance I guess.

Mayweather there is a better chance he has aged over night and he could be upset. I think it still most likely that Floyd will reverse the close call from last time and beat Maidana comprehensively.

And the odds that BOTH upsets occur is even less likely.

I wouldn't count on any upsets. But as said, the chances are definitely there, however remote so...

All I can say is I would LOVE for Maidana to get Floyd! That would be splendid.

Comment

Pulev is one of the best HWs out there no doubt but his style just sucks for beating Wlad. He sits back and picks shots, most of them with a light touch and waits for mistakes. He is going to be standing at the end of one of the hardest puncher's ever just being taken apart if he fights like that.

The only guys who have beaten Wlad were the ones who went full gorilla on him and just swung for the fences before he could adjust. Nobody else has done ****.

Comment

It's possible, but if I had to make a choice, I'd say they both win next month.

Comment

I'm riding the Maidana beating Mayweather train, wrong as I might be.

Comment

Pulev is a very good heavyweight but i don't think he is the one to beat him. Pulev's best weapon is his jab but i doubt he can out jab Wladimir and i don't think he will be able to avoid the right hands of Wlad.

Maidana will be a tough fight but i'd be surprised if he beat Mayweather, i got the sense that he couldn't do any better than he did the first time but Mayweather couldn't do any worse. I think this will be more decisive.

If Mayweather lost the boxing world would be like when Broner lost but times 100

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  Pulev is a very good heavyweight but i don't think he is the one to beat him. Pulev's best weapon is his jab but i doubt he can out jab Wladimir and i don't think he will be able to avoid the right hands of Wlad.

Maidana will be a tough fight but i'd be surprised if he beat Mayweather, i got the sense that he couldn't do any better than he did the first time but Mayweather couldn't do any worse. I think this will be more decisive.

If Mayweather lost the boxing world would be like when Broner lost but times 100
                  It would be immediately clear that Pacquiao would have destroyed him.

Comment

It won't be mayweather nor broner

Comment

Working...
                    X