Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder, Kovalev, GGG. Rank them in punching power.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Because it's easy to knock out bums and journeymen.

It gets harder to consistently knock opponents out at the higher level. That's why many of the people in this thread say that Wilder needs to fight better opposition before we can say for sure how hard he hits.
    Consistently, maybe. I'm sure you wouldn't say Khan is tougher to KO than Matthysse or Provo and he is ranked above them. See my point?

The reason it is more difficult is likely because better fighters have more ways to avoid and mitigate power. That doesn't affect the individual's power ranking.

Manny's power didn't grow against Hatton and subside against JMM. JMM just has subtle movement that reduces the affect.

See my point?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      First off, change your stupid f@cking avitar you twit. This isn't a gay p@rn site.

On topic:

P4P power - GGG, Wilder, Kovalev.

Actual power - Wilder, GGG, Kovalev.

Wilder KO ratio is a product of pitiful competition. I will provide proof in due time.
      The proof:

Wilders opponents after 32 fights combined record: 451 - 212

Vitali's opponents after 32 fights combined record: 639 - 214

Vitali already also had a title and defended it a few times.
      I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
        I think so. If Wilder starts knocking out top 10 fighters the same way he's knocking out the bums then his power is legit.

Personally i think his power is legit, he just needs to prove it to me
        Understandable. My only point is talent and chin/punch resistance ability are not the same. A lot of bums can take massive amounts of punishment and stay up. (not the guys wilder has fought).

Tommy Hearns is an ATG, but I think we would agree KO'ing him isn't as difficult as KO'ing some journeyman ww's that don't go down.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          this one actually believes that golovkin and kovalev hit harder than wilder; not p4p, but in general.

he bases the assumption on "the zelenoff fight."
          Zelenoff would not walk, let alone run out of the gym unscathed against any other respectable Heavyweight

Comment

Punching power I'd say Wilder and I'm also pretty sure that when it comes to one punch KO power Kovalev is a bigger puncher than GGG. GGG is probably the better boxer and takes a better punch but Kovalev is the bigger puncher.

1. Wilder
            2. Kovalev
            3. GGG

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
              In one.

Knocking out top 10 contenders is a lot harder than knocking out the bouncers, goat farmers, back up dancers and cab drivers who populate Wilder's resume.
              True, but that's because top 10 contenders are much better boxers with better defence. You have a lot of journeymen that can take a better punch than many top fighters but because of their lack of boxing skills you will be able to land your big shots easily. Once Wilder steps up in class he will find it harder to be successful when it comes to connect consistently with the same big powerful punches.

I still think Wilder is a scary puncher and P4P the bigger puncher of the three.
              Last edited by VatoMulatto; 08-19-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I don't even know if Golovkin is the hardest puncher in his division. He hits very hard with everything and is accurate and knows where to pick his spots.

That Lemieux seems to have very jarring power himself, and he uses balloon gloves, not punchers gloves, to protect his hands. It is just that Lemieux is as wild as heck and does not seem to create openings well.

Comment

Wilder
                  Golovkin
                  Kovalev

Say what you will about Wilder's opposition but one this is clear - he's blasting them out of there. The Liakhovich KO was *brutal*...

Comment

GGG has solid punching techniques. The others are good but not near as solid as GGG! Methods & Techniques and consistence is preferred in my opinion.
                    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      I don't even know if Golovkin is the hardest puncher in his division. He hits very hard with everything and is accurate and knows where to pick his spots.

That Lemieux seems to have very jarring power himself, and he uses balloon gloves, not punchers gloves, to protect his hands. It is just that Lemieux is as wild as heck and does not seem to create openings well.
                      Lol, Lemieux is not even on the same planet as far as punching power, even if his is respectable. The guy needs to fight more.

Comment

Working...
                      X