Collapse
No announcement yet.

BKB Brian Vera Vs Gabriel Rosado who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoyed the fight but not too crazy about the BKB 'circle' format. It forces the fighters to be very cognizant of their location and I think prevents or, at least, minimizes the 'infighting' aspect. When you have a square ring with ropes you can lean on them, you can push your opponent back into them and fight on the inside

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Enjoyed the fight but not too crazy about the BKB 'circle' format. It forces the fighters to be very cognizant of their location and I think prevents or, at least, minimizes the 'infighting' aspect. When you have a square ring with ropes you can lean on them, you can push your opponent back into them and fight on the inside
      It definently defines "fighting in a phone booth"

Comment

• So they changed the gloves? No more "bare knuckes"??

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          So they changed the gloves? No more "bare knuckes"??
          The Nevada commission wouldn't sanction the event unless they switched to traditional gloves. I don't see many fighters willing to trying it out if they didn't switch.

Comment

• Rios would be a great fit for this format w/Garcia being a commentator last night I could see him eventually ending up on a card.

Comment

• Was Ronnie Shields in Vera's corner for this?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  The Nevada commission wouldn't sanction the event unless they switched to traditional gloves. I don't see many fighters willing to trying it out if they didn't switch.
                  They had the exposed knuckles in the past.

I guess they realized when you throw in world/domestic level PRO boxers with those gloves.. nothing good will come out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    They had the exposed knuckles in the past.

I guess they realized when you throw in world/domestic level PRO boxers with those gloves.. nothing good will come out of it.
                    I'm sure fighters were leaving with swollen hands after fighting with the bare-knuckle gloves. It's a necessary change if they want to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Rosado TBE BKB

Comment

Working...
                      X