New Era of Boxing: Become a Champion Without Beating One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
    This isnt really anything new.

Pacquiao, Cotto, Canelo, Erik Morales, GGG, Berto and many others have done this in recent years.
    but,but,biut..it has to be blamed on Al Haymon doe

Comment

Pacquiao, Cotto, Canelo, Erik Morales, GGG, Berto and many others have done this in recent years.
      I guess it is not so much the paper titles that bother me (although they do). It is the blatant and indefensible ducking within weight divisions under the guise of "it doesn't make business sense". Garcia has gotten to the point that he can headline a SHO event fighting a no-hoper. How much bigger are Garcia and Danny going to get, assuming they don't beat Floyd or Pac?

Oh, and dont forget the Bob Barker of boxing, Kid Chocolate.

Comment

Yep!

Pacquaio never fought Cotto, Clottey, Hatton, Morales, Barrera, Bradley and Marquez.

Cotto never fought Clottey, Margarito, Trout, Mosley and Martinez.

Morales never fought Barrera, Junior Jones, Pacquaio, Maidana and Garcia.

Barrera never fought Junior Jones, Hamed, JMM, Pacquaio and Khan.

Canelo never fought Mayweather, Trout and Lara.

Let me see who Berto fought - Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero and he got whooped by both.

You really know your boxing
        Last edited by pesticid; 08-15-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

yah that's not really new. most of marquez's titles were vacant and his 140 title was interim but was later upgraded full title status.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            but,but,biut..it has to be blamed on Al Haymon doe
            Clueless. GGG wants to unify. Broner wants to get a belt in a division without any desire to fight 2 of the champions. I know you are not willing to change your mind, doe.

Comment

He did not say he would not fight them..he said if the money is right then make it happen
              What? 8 figures for Danny? You know Canelo didn't even make that money against Mayweather lol. You guys are killing me!

Larry, I know you box for real, how can you stand up behind such cherry picking and straight up cowardice. Common man, you're a good poster be honest with yourself. Are you a fan of the sport of boxing or are you a fan of the people in it. Common man, man up!

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                Yep!

Pacquaio never fought Cotto, Clottey, Hatton, Morales, Barrera, Bradley and Marquez.

Cotto never fought Clottey, Margarito, Cotto, Trout, Mosley and Martinez.

Let me see who Berto fought - Victor Ortiz and Robert Guerrero and he got whooped by both.

Right on brother. I hate the false equivalency tactic, it is used in politics all the time. Here we have video of Broner and his trainer saying he wants a 140 belt, yet saying fights with 2 of the champions make zero sense!

Comment

Haymon is running things at Showtime now. It's clear that Espinoza is just a decoy and was hired to absorb the flak. That's most likely the deal these two clowns signed up at SHO. Which means things will not change any time soon. The worst part for fans is that their business will still thrive even with these Salka type fights. It's becoming the norm for Haymon fighters now. Why fight top opposition when you can already get enormous sums of money by fighting the Salkas of the world?

Comment

Yep!

Cotto never fought Clottey, Margarito, Cotto, Trout, Mosley and Martinez.

..what does any of that have to do with the point I made though?

Pacquaio fought unranked margarito for the 154 lb title at 150 lbs.

Canelo brought Matthew Hatton all the way up from 140 for a 150 lb catchweight for the 154 lbs title..a catchweight that canelo failed to make.

Yes they have fought great opponents but that doesnt change the fact that they have also won belts without having to fight a champion for them.

Comment

He did not say he would not fight them..he said if the money is right then make it happen
                      What? 8 figures for Danny? You know Canelo didn't even make that money against Mayweather lol. You guys are killing me!

Larry, I know you box for real, how can you stand up behind such cherry picking and straight up cowardice. Common man, you're a good poster be honest with yourself. Are you a fan of the sport of boxing or are you a fan of the people in it. Common man, man up!
                      broner is crazy if he thinks he will be worth over 10 million dollars WTF

Comment

Working...
                      X