No announcement yet.

New Era of Boxing: Become a Champion Without Beating One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Having multiple "world champions" in each division has been a problem long before Al Haymon came along.

We need to go back to having only one champion per weight class. That way no one can can claim they are a titlist unless they actually earned it.
    Unfortunately that will never happen. The sanctioning bodies need to work together and be more strict with unifications.

Comment

Why is GGG defended so much? Isn't his team preaching the same thing about money making sense for Ward?

Comment

Very soon these same "boxing fans" will claim Haymon invented catch weights and he's the reason there's so many titles.

Envy can be an ugly thing

Comment

Are people fans of fighters or promoters?

I have always struggled with the idea of how people can be a fan of boxing promoters or managers.

Comment

Both Garcia & Peterson leaving too 147 so Broner will get his belt

Comment

What makes me sick is the treatment of fighters like Matthysse. He brutally knocked out Peterson but the later was able to keep his strap because they fought at 141lb. A belt now is a glorified bargaining chip and means to squeeze other promotional companies out of a division.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                What makes me sick is the treatment of fighters like Matthysse. He brutally knocked out Peterson but the later was able to keep his strap because they fought at 141lb. A belt now is a glorified bargaining chip and means to squeeze other promotional companies out of a division.
                That was after he signed with Haymon as well, makes NO sense. Must have been the price of getting the fight, to reassure Peterson that if he loses he is still guaranteed some more big fights. Nobody talks about this though.

Comment

Originally posted by SintilatingDTS View Post
                  That was after he signed with Haymon as well, makes NO sense. Must have been the price of getting the fight, to reassure Peterson that if he loses he is still guaranteed some more big fights. Nobody talks about this though.
                  No, Matthysse was the one that didn't want his belt on the line. That way even if he lost to Lamont Peterson he would still be Danny Garcia's mandatory.

It's very interesting that people want to put the blame on Peterson instead.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...atthysse-fight

Comment

Boxing is a business doe. Belt don't really matter. It's just a bargaining chip.

Did I do it right?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      No, Matthysse was the one that didn't want his belt on the line. That way even if he lost to Lamont Peterson he would still be Danny Garcia's mandatory.

It's very interesting that people want to put the blame on Peterson instead.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...atthysse-fight
                      I stand corrected, thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                      X