I think if we are talking prime versions, Tyson loses to :

Holyfield
    Lewis
    Ali
    Frazier
    Louis
    Holmes
    Johnson
    I think prime for prime, Tyson would give Louis and Frazier a hell of a time.. I think Louis would possibly be a better choice for Tyson than Frazier. On the other hand, Tyson would be punching with two while Frazier would be left hand fancy.

Comment

In no particular order:

Ali
      Louis
      Foreman
      Holmes
      Lewis
      Johnson
      Marciano
      Frazier
      Holyfield
      Dempsey

All greater imo. After that the 2nd tier includes (in no particular order):

Tyson
      Jeffries
      Wlad
      Norton
      Liston
      Bowe
      Wills
      Jersey Joe
      Ezzard
      Patterson

Comment

People rank him not based on his achievements, but on his skills(not saying that is right). Prime Tyson gives any top heavyweight problems, and that's why people overrate him in comparison with his achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by CrustyLoaf
          Prime Vitali would beat prime Tyson.

Just like how Prime Vitali beat Prime Chris Byrd?

Comment

Unfortunately his career was derailed by his own mental breakdown. I can't say he's a top ten either.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
              People forget prime Tyson's speed, defense, and power. Holyfield wouldn't have lasted with Tyson. He'd be like Spinks all dazed and dumb. He's not best ever due to longevity but definitely top 10 atg.
              If past prime Holyfield could handle past prime Tyson comfortably, I have zero doubt in my mind a prime Holyfield should be favored against prime Tyson.

Comment

No problem at all with Tyson outside the top 10.

Comment

I think it's always a tough call to make a top ten, and very respectable, great champions are often omitted from lists.

However, to say that Tyson "is not even close" is a bit of a stretch to me. He's pretty close to being in the top 10 for me. As in #11-#13

Comment

Naw he is not top 10

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      If past prime Holyfield could handle past prime Tyson comfortably, I have zero doubt in my mind a prime Holyfield should be favored against prime Tyson.
                      I really don't see how you can say that.

Past prime Holyfield was much better than past prime Tyson who had really looked bad ever since his comeback. Anyone remember him kind of struggling with Buster Mathis Jr? He didn't train hard at all, smoked weed and did cocain all the time, hung out with pimps, had babies with hookers, was going broke, had legal problems with Don King and his management team, was in jail multiple times, was accused of rape 5 times etc etc.

The man was a living mess. If we knew all that stuff then, there's no way he would have been favourite for the Holyfield fight. But people were so into the idea of Iron Mike that they thought he was still the same as he was in the late 80s.

I think Tyson would've beaten Holyfield in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X