Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Only Does Mike Tyson Not Belong As A Top Ten HW, He's Not Even Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Mike should be there around 9 or 10. I think it goes Ali, Louis, Lennox, Foreman, are top four heavyweights all time. Then Norton, Holmes should be there after them maybe Evander Holyfield after that

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
      I think Mike should be there around 9 or 10. I think it goes Ali, Louis, Lennox, Foreman, are top four heavyweights all time. Then Norton, Holmes should be there after them maybe Evander Holyfield after that
      I respect everyones opinion but I just don't see Lennox as a top 10 HW, not after the way he lost to Mcall and Rahman in his PRIME, and the way in which he retired after that klitchko fight was bogus as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 521CEO View Post
        I respect everyones opinion but I just don't see Lennox as a top 10 HW, not after the way he lost to Mcall and Rahman in his PRIME, and the way in which he retired after that klitchko fight was bogus as well.
        He was undisputed champ and avenged both losses. He was past his prime and still beat Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
          He was undisputed champ and avenged both losses. He was past his prime and still beat Vitali.
          True but an all time top 10 hw has no business getting ko'd by journeyman like Rahman or Mcall in his prime, and the way he retired after klitchko made it appear that he would rather retire than risk losing in a rematch.

Comment

Great heavyweight punchers like Tyson, Foreman, Marciano and Dempsey will always be highly considered because of their punching power. They can fight a fellow with higher skill and talent and win because of their gift of power.
            it means a lot in the competition if you can over whelm your opponent with power.
            It helps to have power and a high skill level like Joe Louis!
            Ray.

Comment

I think if we are talking prime versions, Tyson loses to :

Holyfield
              Lewis
              Ali
              Frazier
              Louis
              Holmes
              Johnson

Comment

Top 10 Heavyweights (not in order)

1. Ali
                2. Sonny Liston
                3. Jack Johnson
                4. Rocky Marciano
                5. Evander Holyfield
                6. Lennox Lewis
                7. Joe Frazier
                8. George Foreman
                9. Jack Dempsey
                10. Joe Louis

Runner ups
                Larry Holmes
                Ken Norton
                Floyd Patterson

I really see NO WAY, that anyone can seriously squeeze Mike Tyson in over any of these guys. Mike beat alot of bums and looked very good, once he stepped up in class, he didn't look so hot.

Comment

People forget prime Tyson's speed, defense, and power. Holyfield wouldn't have lasted with Tyson. He'd be like Spinks all dazed and dumb. He's not best ever due to longevity but definitely top 10 atg.

Comment

Originally posted by LinealChampion View Post
                    Top 10 Heavyweights (not in order)

1. Ali
                    2. Sonny Liston
                    3. Jack Johnson
                    4. Rocky Marciano
                    5. Evander Holyfield
                    6. Lennox Lewis
                    7. Joe Frazier
                    8. George Foreman
                    9. Jack Dempsey
                    10. Joe Louis

Runner ups
                    Larry Holmes
                    Ken Norton
                    Floyd Patterson

I really see NO WAY, that anyone can seriously squeeze Mike Tyson in over any of these guys. Mike beat alot of bums and looked very good, once he stepped up in class, he didn't look so hot.
                    There is absolutely positively NO WAY in hell Marciano and Liston should be rated ahead of Tyson. Take your head out of your ass...

Comment

Originally posted by 521CEO View Post
                      True but an all time top 10 hw has no business getting ko'd by journeyman like Rahman or Mcall in his prime, and the way he retired after klitchko made it appear that he would rather retire than risk losing in a rematch.
                      Has no business? It's heavyweight boxing, anything can happen. Speaking on that, Vitali was a last minute replacement for the fight and he did have a good showing but he wasn't there yet, he got horribly cut and the fight was over.

Comment

Working...
                      X