Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has better stamina? Pacquiao or Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most definitely pacquiao.

pac is able to maintain a much higher work rate during the 12 rounds.

Comment

probably about the same, pacquiao has a more high energy style so he shows more stamina then again you never see floyd tired. at his age i dont think he could keep pacs pace so i would say he has more physical stamina.

floyd has much better mental stamina though, pac gets frustrated easily and makes sloppy mistakes. even when he isnt frustrated the fatigue alone makes him sloppy. floyd stays sharp the entire 12 rounds which makes him the better fighter down the stretch of a fight.

i think it was foreman who compared floyd to ali saying he is the only one who is like ali in that sense, being able to stay sharp and maintain a high level of performance even when he is tried. ali won a lot of fights that way and so would floyd if he wasnt so dominant to begin with.
      Last edited by #1Assassin; 08-08-2014, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Floyd has exceptional pacing in addition to being a great athlete but I don't think he could throw 1000 punches in a fight the way Pacquiao does.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Floyd

manny has been winded from bodyshots.

Floyd has taken some thumping shots yet finished the match stronger than he started it.
          How well you take a bodyshot and how good an endurance athlete either guy is are two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by BootyDew View Post
            I believe Pacquiao has the better stamina, throws strong heavy fast punches and doesn't gas... tell me what you think
            Mayweather stamina is a bit hyped reason he hardly throws punches, what like 400 punches in a fight. Pacquiao throws 900 to 1000. What Mayweather does is he relaxes lets his opponents throw at him while cover up or running than he lands pot shots to a UD

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              How well you take a bodyshot and how good an endurance athlete either guy is are two different things.
              Body shots sap the stamina supply. People with lesser stamina get tired off of em.

besides, your primary measuring stick of manny thowing 1000 punches per fight is an exception not the rule

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Floyd has exceptional pacing in addition to being a great athlete but I don't think he could throw 1000 punches in a fight the way Pacquiao does.

Comment

Working...
              X