Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a Salka upset over Garcia surpass Maidana abusing Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia is a 50 to 1 favorite.

That should answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Garcia is a 50 to 1 favorite.

That should answer your question.
      I was strictly referring to a reaction on NSB. This forum went nuts after Maidana beat Broner. I wasn't trying to ask what would be a bigger upset. I added to the original post. I was hoping no one would expect me to believe Maidana beating Broner was more unexpected.

Comment

It's a bigger upset, but it would not bring me nearly the same amount of joy that Maidana brought me when he deflated Broner's ego.

I don't really dislike Garcia and he isn't as hyped up as Broner was despite being more of a proven fighter. I'd actually be more disappointed in Garcia losing than overjoyed.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-06-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

No and it will not happen. Easy knockout via a Garica counter punch. Salka has the longest neck I have seen in a long time! It is if he stick that noggin out there on purpose!

Comment

I also blame Showtime more than Garcia for this fight. It'll be more satisfying for this to end up being the crappy mismatch that it's supposed to be because the last thing I want is for Stephen Espinoza to be all smug about accidentally being right about this fight not being a mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I also blame Showtime more than Garcia for this fight. It'll be more satisfying for this to end up being the crappy mismatch that it's supposed to be because the last thing I want is for Stephen Espinoza to be all smug about accidentally being right about this fight not being a mismatch.
              That's a good point you bring up actually. I get tune ups, but this is just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                That's a good point you bring up actually. I get tune ups, but this is just ridiculous.
                Salka winning just gives Espinoza more fodder to justify more mismatches on paper under the guise that he's some super matchmaking expert and knows more than the rest of us when in reality he's just doing Al Haymon favors.

Comment

Easily. And the meme thread afterwards would outdo the "Broner be like..." thread because it would turn into a war between Garcia and Matthysse fans. It would be legendary.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Meh, I'd still rather see Salka win because it's still a major setback for Haymon and Showtime.

Comment

I don't think Garcia is disliked as much as Broner. Maidana was a top contender and his win over Broner should not have been a big surprise. He was by far the best fighter Broner had ever fought. Salka is an unknown nobody and a win over the well established top fighter Garcia would be a giant upset and a huge embarrassment to Garcia. Garcia is a much more proven fighter than Broner even if he looked bad in his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X