Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Cotto won't happen for the same Reason Mares vs Donaire didn't happen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Exactly. This fight will happen, both guys seem to want it.
    The only person that doesn't want it is Arum. If Cotto is a free agent, he must go over to showtime and GBP. That is the only way the fight gets made.

Comment

Canelo vs Cotto is the pressure being put on Mayweather to fight Pacquiao. If Mayweather doesn't fight him, then this will take peoples attention away from that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        The only person that doesn't want it is Arum. If Cotto is a free agent, he must go over to showtime and GBP. That is the only way the fight gets made.

I don't see why Arum wouldn't want it. His company either gets left out as Cotto, like you said, goes on to work with GB as a free agent or Arum helps co-promote and TR is part of this huge fight.

Comment

Hopkins vs. Kovalev just opened the door for everyone working together at HBO. Now Hopkins is technically a free-agent but he had Golden Boy Promotions negotiate on his behalf and worked with Main Events Promotions. Now Golden Boy & Top Rank working together on a Cotto vs. Canelo fight is quite an easy task for them if they can get the money right for both.

Now I think Golden Boy's time with Showtime will soon be up by the end of the year, and Showtime will probably only work with Al Haymon's stable of fighters, it seems that Haymon is slowly moving his fighters over to Goossen Promotions which may be part of the reason Andre Ward is trying to get away from Goossen since Andre is also with Antonio Leonard in a co-promotion deal.

Comment

BrushMyHair, don't even try to talk sense into these guys. They thought the "Cold War" would be over when Richard left, and even went as far as to say that Floyd would leave GBP because he was "running scared" from pacquiao. We already know how that went.

This "cold ward" is not going to end until Bob Arum realizes that he NEEDS Golden Boy Promotions and Al Haymon to survive. You can only recycle the same C level fighters for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
              BrushMyHair, don't even try to talk sense into these guys. They thought the "Cold War" would be over when Richard left, and even went as far as to say that Floyd would leave GBP because he was "running scared" from pacquiao. We already know how that went.

This "cold ward" is not going to end until Bob Arum realizes that he NEEDS Golden Boy Promotions and Al Haymon to survive. You can only recycle the same C level fighters for so long.
              I make the threads. They comment. I speak the truth to them, they just think I am bashing Cotto too much. People do need to realize the Cold war is not over. If it were Pacquiao would not be fighting Algieri, And Danny Garcia would not be fighting Rob Salsa. Danny should have got the Mayweather fight, but I guess he decided to reject it. Now we got Mayweather vs Maidana 2.

Do I bash Cotto, Yes, but I am being real, I don't think he sucks, well I kinda do, I just think he needs to retire. I believe if he stays any longer he could end up like James Toney. Canelo would beat him up but not enough for him to retire, GGG could do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post

I feel ya, they need to recognize what I am saying. If I don't try, then who will.

Comment

Working...
                X