No announcement yet.

Do you want to see Chaves back on tv?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want to see Chaves back on tv?

After the Thurman loss I really enjoyed watching him and was hoping despite the loss he would get another chance on SHO or HBO. I've soured on my enthusiasm about him after this fight but all in all I think he is a very solid fighter and I thought he was winning this fight. I don't think he will ever compete with the elite in the sport but he showed he belongs at this level and I'd like to see him fight again.
    Yes
    69.44%
    No
    30.56%

Of course yeah, but I don't want to see him against an inside fighter if he's going to hold but he might not hold against another opponent.

Comment

Of course, he's a solid, tough fighter and will give most guys at 147 a tough fight.

He showed that he's a class above Rios, showed more versatility and was winning the fight, by quite a clear margin if you ignore the poor point deductions.

Comment

Nope, i can't see how anyone can stand this clincher. Clinched and held everytime Rios took a step forward. WOn't waste my time again with that bs.

Comment

I want to see him in a rematch with rios

Comment

only till i forget what just transpired, guy pulled out every illegal tactic bar lowblows

when he realised he couldn't beat rios in boxing the entire night he decided to clinch every.single.time.

horrible to watch that was

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
              Nope, i can't see how anyone can stand this clincher. Clinched and held everytime Rios took a step forward. WOn't waste my time again with that bs.
              I wouldn't call him a "clincher," I'll admit he clinched more than I would have liked in this one but he didn't clinch in the Thurman fight and I found a couple other fights of his and no problems with clinching. I think a lot of it was strategy against Rios specifically, I mean this is the same guy who had Alvarado clinching. It's just a way to win, if you can stop his inside game he's easy to outbox.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
                I wouldn't call him a "clincher," I'll admit he clinched more than I would have liked in this one but he didn't clinch in the Thurman fight and I found a couple other fights of his and no problems with clinching. I think a lot of it was strategy against Rios specifically, I mean this is the same guy who had Alvarado clinching. It's just a way to win, if you can stop his inside game he's easy to outbox.
                He's a clincher, if you can't win without clinching every 7 seconds, dont waste everyones time.

Comment

Cotto clinched a lot against Margarito in their 2nd fight after watching Mosley successfully utilize it and beat bricks into the canvas. It's a great strategy against these granite chinned come forward guys. Chaves was winning the fight comfortably. Shame on the ****ty reffing

Comment

He fought very dirty when he realized he couldn't hang on the inside with Rios.

Comment

Working...
                    X