Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What GGG gains if Cotto Vacates his WBC Title? Other Champs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    We need him to hit stardom because fighters like Quillin have made excuses in the past "oh theres no money there."

He needs the stardom. They just said Ward-GGG makes no financial sense, if he fights Cotto in MSG that would highly increase his popularity. Also the goal here isn't to destroy Cotto its to UNIFY THE MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION.

The MW division doesn't revolve around Cotto and somehow you think it does(atleast in this thread), me personally as a GGG fan wants to see an undisputed MW champion. Yeah it would be AWESOME to see Cotto brutalized but at the same time I don't even want to see it just because I know they will show Cotto's family crying and running out the arena.
    What the bold has to do with anything?

So if you want him to unify, then you would push for a soliman fight as hard as a Cotto fight right?

So is ok for him to diss ward, because Ward cant sell(even though Ward is a bigger draw than him), but not for Cotto to tell him the same thing?

And yes the MW division revolves around Cotto because he is the lineal champ and the bigger star by far, even though Cotto is a 152 pounder who should drop back down!

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      What GGG gains IF Cotto decided to vacate? He has the pleasure of avoiding his toughest fight to date, by far. Nothing more, nothing less.
      How this makes any sense?

I mean The same thing can be said of GGG ducking Ward right?

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
        WBC put Rubio vs Murray for that belt both of those guys will turndown GGG, GGG only hope for unification is IBF & Matt Korobov beating Kid Chocolate...

GGG should forget about the WBC belt
        I think Murray would take the fight. Hatton Promotions did not want him to take the fight but he is with Golden Gloves now.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Listen if you dont want to see Cotto get hurt badly, just say it. You don't need to make up some financial reason or some other BS to try to avoid saying that Cotto would in fact be badly hurt if he got punched by GGG at 160.

Your boy Cotto even diva'd his way into fighting Martinez at 159. Roach doesn't even want GGG at 160 either

Its okay dude.
          what this guy said.

But hey instead let's have a middle weight champ who refuses to fight at middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
            How this makes any sense?

I mean The same thing can be said of GGG ducking Ward right?
            If GGG doesn't have to fight Cotto then GGG has the pleasure of avoiding his toughest test to date, by far. How does that not make any sense?

Comment

If corro vacated, Ggg can fight the next best contender for the legit championship without Cotto hogging it.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                If GGG doesn't have to fight Cotto then GGG has the pleasure of avoiding his toughest test to date, by far. How does that not make any sense?
                Its sounds like you are saying GGG is avoiding Cotto lol

Anyways, GGG already ducked Ward blantantly and without a reason, so if Cotto doesn't fight him GGG needs to STFU!

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  If corro vacated, Ggg can fight the next best contender for the legit championship without Cotto hogging it.
                  Again if Corro(Cotto) vacates Murray and Rubio will fight for the belt, how that amounts to GGG fighting for it?

Comment

Its sounds like you are saying GGG is avoiding Cotto lol

Anyways, GGG already ducked Ward blantantly and without a reason, so if Cotto doesn't fight him GGG needs to STFU!
                    I'm not saying GGG is ducking Cotto. I'm saying if by some litigation (such as Cotto leaving the MW division) GGG doesn't have t fight Cotto, then the only thing GGG gains from it, is that he has the pleasure of avoiding (maybe no by choice, by force) his toughest fight to date.

I can't explain it any clearer than that. Lol, this is my best attempt to make my point.

Comment

What the bold has to do with anything?

So if you want him to unify, then you would push for a soliman fight as hard as a Cotto fight right?

So is ok for him to diss ward, because Ward cant sell(even though Ward is a bigger draw than him), but not for Cotto to tell him the same thing?

And yes the MW division revolves around Cotto because he is the lineal champ and the bigger star by far, even though Cotto is a 152 pounder who should drop back down!
                      Why do you think I'm not pushing for unification with others? I JUST said Quillin is making excuses. And Soliman already said hes ready for the showdown. Cotto (or his camp) are the one's saying "We have other options, we want GGG but lower than 160"

If you want to talk about the Ward situation we can, but we both know its not happening anytime soon unless either man can show they can carry a PPV. (Ward is a bigger draw, but cant carry the PPV alone because neither man has the superstar effect)

Comment

Working...
                      X