No announcement yet.

Cottos December fight won't be on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    rubio will be linear champ, then he will give baldomir his much deserved rematch, baldomir will win and be linear middleweight champ and here comes floyd!

Comment

Bob going to put Glen Tapia in the ring with Cotto?

http://twitter.com/RealGlenTapia/sta...23360454647808

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
        Bob going to put Glen Tapia in the ring with Cotto?

http://twitter.com/RealGlenTapia/sta...23360454647808
        how did you get that out of what he said???

tapia is with roach. they not fighting.
        Last edited by Big_L; 07-30-2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          And watch how if it was Cotto in Floyd's shoes, you'd praise it.

You are a stan along with the majority of the Cotto fan boys that are on here atm. Once Cotto gets his shit pushed in again(it will happen), you guys are going back to your cave.
          He might very well get his head smashed in, he can't win them all. I'll still be around.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
            He might very well get his head smashed in, he can't win them all. I'll still be around.
            As if we're concerned. If Cotto loses then big whoop. He had his moment in the sun.. the fk do I care about an unblemished record/loss for? You can't take his accomplishments away from him. That d-bag is one of the more bizarre posters on here man I swear. I'm a follower of the sport, I'm not going anywhere either.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
              Just read on Dan Rafael's Blog.
              unless he fights Floyd, manny or Canelo (and that's a stretch given the numbers both did headlining their last fights) there is no reason why his next fight should be on ppv.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                rubio will be linear champ, then he will give baldomir his much deserved rematch, baldomir will win and be linear middleweight champ and here comes floyd!

the rematch we've all been waiting for

Comment

agreed, given the fight won't be a big one in December, no need for Cotto to fight on PPV. Plus I don't think the Sergio Martinez fight sold all that well

here's a quote from Bob Arum on the issue (also from Rafael's blog) emphasis on the bold

"We have to realize that pay-per-view, no matter if it's boxing, MMA or wrestling, the numbers are way down. People aren't buying the pay-per-view like they used to buy. You can see it in Cotto-Martinez, in [Floyd] Mayweather's [relatively] dismal numbers and in [Manny] Pacquiao's less-than-glorious numbers for the [rematch with Timothy] Bradley fight in April."

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post

I want to see Mayweather vs Garcia, and Mayweather vs Pacquiao.
                    Garcia? Floyd would toy with Danny... Bradley, instead...

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
                      People aren't buying the pay-per-view like they used to buy.
                      PPV big days are over -- the expansion of internet and mobile require new business solutions.

Comment

Working...
                      X