Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Gennady Golovkin deserving of being in the top 10 P4P now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    He's better than Porter. And would break Canelos face. Tim has fought better opposition but I don't think he's better than GGG.
    GGG has the perfect style for Canelo. It would be a war!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
      DSG is my boy but he hasn't looked as dominant as GGG in very single fight. Fought better opposition I know but still in fights with a guy like Herrera, he arguably lost. Thats the thing man, GGG is trashing everybody. And he's not just winning decisions either. it don't hold I against boxers who go twelve all the time but I give extra credit to a guy who's knocking out all his opponents.
      OK. But DSG win over Khan and Matts trumps everything GGG has done. GGG has fought guys he should KO. Danny beat 2 guys he wasn't supposed to. I would think that matters more.

I respect your willingness to answer despite disagreeing with that ranking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        very well then. we both have our opinions. yes Triple g looks amazing with poor opposition. Lets see if he could look that good against top fighters
        We just disagree on the assessment of his skill set. I agree we need to see it against better comp.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          OK. But DSG win over Khan and Matts trumps everything GGG has done. GGG has fought guys he should KO. Danny beat 2 guys he wasn't supposed to. I would think that matters more.

I respect your willingness to answer despite disagreeing with that ranking.
          Not too many ppl thought he would ko Geale. And the way he did it was really impressive. I respect u not calling me a dummy or whatever else these other jackasses call eachother when they disagree on ****.

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
          GGG has the perfect style for Canelo. It would be a war!
          Too much thunder for Canelo bro. GGG would beat him but I'll agree that it'll be a war for however long it last. Canelo won't go out like no b1tch that's for sure.

Comment

• He has been top 10 for the past year.

It goes like this:

1. Golovkin
            2. Pacquiao
            3. Cotto

Comment

• p4p is a SUBJECTIVE ranking of who you think right now pound for pound can beat anybody else ... as it stands I would say yes GGG is definitely in the top ten and despite the results of the poll I doubt too many guys who voted no think 160 pound versions of 10 other guys would beat him.

too many people these days get overly concerned with names on records from very long ago.

Just because people say 'oh he hasn't beaten cotto' for instance doesn't mean those same people would think GGG WOULD NOT beat cotto if they fought. So sure cotto is greater than GGG as it stands he's achieved more but stick them in the ring together and we all know GGG would whoop him.

for the same reasons as above Rigo is very high on my p4p list (higher than GGG) he may not have the most names on his record but I can see hardly anybody shrunk down to the same size as him beating him. Hence p4p he is right up there in my book.
              Last edited by Daddy T; 07-31-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                p4p is a SUBJECTIVE ranking of who you think right now pound for pound can beat anybody else ... as it stands I would say yes GGG is definitely in the top ten and despite the results of the poll I doubt too many guys who voted no think 160 pound versions of 10 other guys would beat him.

too many people these days get overly concerned with names on records from very long ago.

Just because people say 'oh he hasn't beaten cotto' for instance doesn't mean those same people would think GGG WOULD NOT beat cotto if they fought. So sure cotto is greater than GGG as it stands he's achieved more but stick them in the ring together and we all know GGG would whoop him.

for the same reasons as above Rigo is very high on my p4p list (higher than GGG) he may not have the most names on his record but I can see hardly anybody shrunk down to the same size as him beating him. Hence p4p he is right up there in my book.
                Yes, it is subjective, but that subjectivity is based in part on tangible facts.

In rigo's case the opinion is in part derived from his display of skill during the demolition of Donaire, a highly respected an accomplished fighter. IN wilder's case he's not there specifically because while he has shown tremendous power just like GGG, he has done it is against what we all consider way below average talent.

How can minimize subjectivity so we have a common set of factors?

Comment

• i guess ,, honestly the p4p is a load of ****

floyd really the best ? not at all

Rigondaux ,ward,klitscko ,GGG, pacquiao are the most dominate forces

rank them where u wanna idc

rigondaux is the best boxer on earth

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                    very well then. we both have our opinions. yes Triple g looks amazing with poor opposition. Lets see if he could look that good against top fighters
                    We'd love to, but none of them want to ge in the ring with him.

The two other main guys at 160 are basically out of the mix; Quillin has been running for a while and Cotto's team ruled out a GGG fight the other day.

As far as I'm concered there are Mayweather, Rigondeaux, Ward and Froch....the remaining spots are up for grabs.

I think Bradley should have really lost 3 of his last 4 fights, Garcia clearly lost to Herrera, Pac has looked good since the Marquez KO to get back in the mix, Wlad's competition is terrible.....list them as you want, there's no set order.

Comment

• GGG vs. Canelo/Cotto please.

Comment

Working...
                      X