Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Golovkin Consider Fighting David Lemieux Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, why not. Lemieux last lost almost 4 years ago. Has good pop, hell be there to fight, so why not? GGG fighting in Canada would help get his name known even more.

Comment

GGG KTFO Lemieux. LEmieux has power but trust me, he gets KO very fast. I am from Montreal and seen Joachin Alcine beats him, wich is a shame. I was there for the Rubio KO too. Lemieux is overhyped big time here in Montreal. I see him get KO in les than 4.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOlogist View Post
        I think it's fair to say there is little chance that Golovkin's next opponent will be Canelo or Cotto. Soliman is being mentioned, but does the 40 year old offer much other than a belt? He has achieved everthing he ever will. It's hard to see Soliman's name adding much to Golovkin's record.

If Soliman was a step toward unification then I could understand, but in order for Golovkin to unify Quillin and Cotto would have to be willing to fight him and I don't see that happening.

Middleweight is an aging division, and Lemieux, 25, could very well be the top dog there in years to come. He has lots of natural talent and age will bring greater maturity. I think his future looks promising.

The other thing is, how many people will really look forward to Golovkin vs Soliman. It will be more of the same, and the audience will probably be smaller than it was for Saturday's fight. By contrast, Golovkin vs Lemieux would be keenly anticipated.

What do you think?
        No he shouldn't, not unless he can't get Soliman, Kirkland or Quillen in the mix... He definitely won't get Cotto or Canelo, they're handlers wouldn't allow it!

Soliman is a much better option than Lemieux, facing title holders is always more prodigious than Prospects, he's a tough awkward fighter and the fight would do big business in Germany or Australia where both guys are name fighters!

Lemieux would get blasted very quickly, he's a massive puncher but so was Curtis Stevens and he couldn't dent Golovkin, but he's not as durable as Stevens who's squat stature made for a difficult target!

The fight would sell roughly the same as the soliman fight would in New York, so it would be only viable in Canada.. Point is it would be better to fill a stadium in Germany or a large arena in Australia and unify a belt than blasting a Contender for Canuck bucks!!

Comment

Working...
        X