No announcement yet.

Biggest myths in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    No they're not. They're just not as dominant anymore so they lose interest in it and blame it on stuff like that...oh they're in other sports. I've seen boxing matches from all eras, I don't see much difference in the abilities of a lot of boxers. America is missing that hype. Once there is a black american with that HW belt, watch how all of a sudden the basketball/football argument will slowly disappear. We Americans love to dominate and pay attention to things we dominate in.
    If you can't tell the difference between Seth Mitchell, aerreola Jennings and wilder from Ali Frazier foreman,, then you need to really need to find a different sport..
    Top American heavys of today vs ones of the past, huge difference

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      If you can't tell the difference between Seth Mitchell, aerreola Jennings and wilder from Ali Frazier foreman,, then you need to really need to find a different sport..
      Top American heavys of today vs ones of the past, huge difference
      You're comparing greats to the typical heavyweight. I'm comparing the majority of HWs who don't happen to be greats.

Between the majority of heavies from the past to today, no big difference apart from other places of the world evolving in this sport.

Oh and Frazier isn't that great.
      Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 07-26-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

You're comparing greats to the typical heavyweight. I'm comparing the majority of HWs who don't happen to be greats.

Between the majority of heavies from the past to today, no big difference apart from other places of the world evolving in this sport.

Oh and Frazier isn't that great.
        I'm comparing top American heavys of today vs top american heavy of past generations.. Forget greats, just look at the recent American heavy from present day to past eras

60s Ali, Liston, Frazier

70s Ali, Frazier, foreman, norton

80s Holmes, spinks, Tyson

90s Holyfield, bowe Tyson, mercer, moorer, Morrison,

Now for the modern day

00s Byrd, Brock, toney

10s wilder, Mitchell, Thompson, arreola..

Now you tell me, is America making the same caliber heavy and other countries are just better, or is America producing subpar heavys..

It's pretty plain to see

Comment

I'm comparing top American heavys of today vs top american heavy of past generations.. Forget greats, just look at the recent American heavy from present day to past eras

60s Ali, Liston, Frazier

70s Ali, Frazier, foreman, norton

80s Holmes, spinks, Tyson

90s Holyfield, bowe Tyson, mercer, moorer, Morrison,

Now for the modern day

00s Byrd, Brock, toney

10s wilder, Mitchell, Thompson, arreola..

Now you tell me, is America making the same caliber heavy and other countries are just better, or is America producing subpar heavys..

It's pretty plain to see

No you're not. How you think those greats got to be great? By fighting several regular/good boxers. They didn't beat a great in every fight. You are doing a wrong analysis. I'm pretty sure if the Klitschkos didn't exist, there would a huge percentage increase in a boxer from the western world to be great. Quit being sour grapes that a boxer from some other part of the world is being great while we're here waving the white flag.

Comment

No you're not. How you think those greats got to be great? By fighting several regular/good boxers. They didn't beat a great in every fight. You are doing a wrong analysis. I'm pretty sure if the Klitschkos didn't exist, there would a huge percentage increase in a boxer from the western world to be great. Quit being sour grapes that a boxer from some other part of the world is being great while we're here waving the white flag.
            Dude I could careless who is the champ or what country he is from.. This isn't a knock on the klitchkos. It's merely a fact that America is producing subpar heavys then they did in the past.. It's not sour grapes it's a fact..

Comment

Dude I could careless who is the champ or what country he is from.. This isn't a knock on the klitchkos. It's merely a fact that America is producing subpar heavys then they did in the past.. It's not sour grapes it's a fact..
              It's not a true proven fact. You can find some data and twist it to your argument, but just know there is also data to counter it.

And like I said, they didn't have the chance to be great cause they were greater/better boxers from other parts of the world that didn't allow them to. I like how you're twisting it and just mention the greats. Go watch some more heavyweight fights that doesn't include those greats, you'd see what I mean.

Comment

Working...
              X