Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Broner show a lot of heart vs Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting dirty is the opposite of showing heart in the ring.

Comment

He showed more heart in this loss than an any of his wins.

Comment

Yeah, rolling around on the ground for 2 minutes looking for a way out of the fight is absolutely courageous.

Comment

not at all. most all the posters in this thread has already said why.

Comment

I'd say he showed some heart, walked Maidana down in the 12th while eating some bombs.

Comment

this thread is yet another example of what cowardly scum most posters on this forum are.

talking down the heart of a world champion behind the safety of a laptop far away from the ring.

it wasnt a legendary show of heart or anything like that but broner showed he is a true champion, he showed he is a tough guy.

you cant just look at a few seconds of him trying to get a point deduction from maidana and judge him on that alone when he fought like a warrior the rest of the fight. which includes getting up and fighting his ass off after the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
                Thing is, this isnt soccer. In a warrior's sport like our boxing, it is unacceptable for our fighters to go rolling around on the floor to buy time, or get a DQ or for any reason. Imagine real men like Ali, Vitali, Macho Camacho, or Cotto rolling on the floor back and forth, back and forth, using their body as a mop. It's extremely emasculating, this is supposed to be tough sport and I hope these pansy's (mayweather with all his health talk; broner with all his body-mopping) wont feminise it too much.
                Yea I didn't like that tactic either, but I'm just saying I think it was to buy time to recover rather than trying Maidana DQ'd. Its the equivalent to NFL defenders faking injuries to stop the clock/slow down the hurry up offense, giving the defense time to set.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters01 View Post
                  Nah, he didnt want to be there at all. Ive never seen a fighter complain to a ref as much as I did in that fight, and I never saw a "fighter" literally ROLL AROUND ON THE FLOOR in an attempt to get his opponent DQ'd. You cant live down that last part.

To top it off, he runs out the ring while getting trash thrown at him at the end of the fight instead of facing the people. No heart, no honour, no manliness.
                  Comments like this is sometimes sickening. The moment a fighter laces up those gloves and enters the ring -- that takes a lot of heart. Don't act like you have the guts to do a quarter of what Broner has accomplished in professional boxing.

He did complain, but Maidana was playing dirty. And Broner hadn't faced anyone as rough and rugged as that. The rolling on the floor though was ridiculous, but anyone could tell he was playing it up also to get a point away from Maidana. It actually worked.

Him leaving the ring without an interview -- that's not the first time an 'elite' fighter has done that. And I think he was so crushed mentally and emotionally, that he couldn't bear to stay. One thing many criticising Broner fail to acknowledge was the the very first thing Broner did after it was announced that Maidana won, was that he went directly to Maidana and congratulated him.

No one talks about that gesture of sportsmanship though.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    Yeah, rolling around on the ground for 2 minutes looking for a way out of the fight is absolutely courageous.

What this dude said!

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Yea I didn't like that tactic either, but I'm just saying I think it was to buy time to recover rather than trying Maidana DQ'd. Its the equivalent to NFL defenders faking injuries to stop the clock/slow down the hurry up offense, giving the defense time to set.
                      whooooa there big fella, that sounds like logic and common sense. we dont take kindly to that kind of thinking round these parts.

Comment

Working...
                      X