Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought Manny would actually fight a threat after f 2 non punchers in a row

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing you can say about this fight is Floyd fought Maidana because he beat up his little pube. Now Pac is revenging his stablemate and friend in Provo.

Otherwise, it's not a fight I would prefer. I would have Pac market it as a revenge fight for Provo. That would make it syllable and a decent enough excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
      if you're red, you shouldnt be allowed to start threads.

if you're a fl 0mo like the TS, you should take a aids test and log off.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicali90 View Post
        Algieri has a 40%KO ratio, never fought about 140, fought on espn THIS year, and arguably lost his last fight. Spin it all you want this is a disappointment for pacquiao. He was asked by bob and approved of the fight so there is no excuse
        Fighting against a skilled, undefeated champ who just pulled off an impressive upset is somehow a "disappointment" for Pacquiao? Cut the bullcrap!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Lmfao....this board is the ****

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Hey at least he is fighting someone who can box and move and is fast, Floyd hasn't fought a mover who is long and fast, he mostly fights hard hitting flat foot guys who he can avoid their punches or grapple with when they get in close.
            Ummm....I don't consider Algeiri very fast. He has awkward and clumsy looking movement, but is tall and rangey with a cotton-candy punch.

At least a Maidana fight is one where the opponent has a puncher's chance. Yes, guys like Maidana are flat footed because they plant their feet to throw everything into their punches-it's not like Floyd was running-he was within range to be hit.
            Algeiri on the other hand hasn't fought at 147, let alone on really any big spotlight aside from the fight with the over-rated Provodnikov (not a knock on the guy,but he isn't really a top fighter).

So all in all, the Maidana/ Floyd fight is more appealing....which is pretty bad, because I am not really that hyped on this rematch. Must be crazy to think that a Floyd fight will have more action then a Pac fight,eh?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              Chris Algieri....really....he is a good fighter, with no power...good skills

Tim Bradley has skills but no power and Manny beat him in the first fight IMO

After getting KTFO by Marquez in 2012...Manny fought career lightweight and unranked Rios....Good but featherfisted Bradley....now good but featherfisted Algieri

A bit disappointed...especially when he just re-signed with top rank
              non-punchers in a row....

hmmmmm.............

do you mean pac should also not fight the xylocaine well padded glove king floyd?

Comment

It's a bad fight, simple as that. I don't care how these guys try to dress it up.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                  It's a bad fight, simple as that. I don't care how these guys try to dress it up.
                  Pretty much this....Pac fans are trying to pull wool over everyone's eyes and pretend Algieri is a slick high speed threat that can outbox anybody's head off...all the while he got what many view as a gift decision against the slow plodding Provodnikov.

I cannot wait to see the "great" undercard Bob Arum puts on this pile of dung.
                  Last edited by damned1974; 07-23-2014, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X