No announcement yet.

Pascal a free agent, looks like Cloud in September is off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    I wonder if he's out of Canada or just Quebec.

But I guess, anywhere outside Canada, he's most likely going to be the B-Side. While Fonfara isn't huge in Chicago, he's big for there.

They could try and hold it in the baseball stadium again, but I heard it didn't do so well so it's a hard sell now

If not there... make the Kovalev/Hopkins an event in AC... back up plan if Stevenson can't find his nuts still
    Just to add a few things about Canadian boxing.

Boxing outside of Quebec province is irrelevant in Canada. Steve Molitor boxed out of Toronto area and let me tell you no one gave a **** lol.

Montreal is like our Las Vegas where everybody goes to spar, train and sign a pro contract among other things. The fans there love it too and fill up arenas, but anywhere else it's all about MMA. I have yet to see Pascal or Stevenson on an English talk show, but they'll be on French speaking shows in Quebec. Just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post

Boxing outside of Quebec province is irrelevant in Canada. Steve Molitor boxed out of Toronto area and let me tell you no one gave a **** lol.

Montreal is like our Las Vegas where everybody goes to spar, train and sign a pro contract among other things. The fans there love it too and fill up arenas, but anywhere else it's all about MMA. I have yet to see Pascal or Stevenson on an English talk show, but they'll be on French speaking shows in Quebec. Just the way it is.
      Good to know... that'll be a blow then if he can't/won't fight in Quebec.

I've seen Lo Greco trying to bring boxing to Toronto... but now I feel less optimistic about it

Comment

How tf can they blackball him from fighting in the city?

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
        Pascal got beat by Hopkins twice, he's already in the loser's bracket as far as I'm concerned. Only three relevant LHWs right now--Stevenson, Kovalev & BHop
        Silly talk man, come on.

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
        175 is awful. It's such a bad division and to make matters worse the good fighters can't seem to get in the ring with each other.
        Stevenson, Hopkins, Kovalev, Pascal, Chilemba, Dawson, Beterbiev, Fonfara, Cloud, Alvarez, Bute, Shumenov, Campillo...it's not that bad at all, the problem as you say is the best fighters aren't getting into the ring with each other often enough.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 07-22-2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          How tf can they blackball him from fighting in the city?
          Are you referring to Molitor? Can you elaborate?

Comment

Good to know... that'll be a blow then if he can't/won't fight in Quebec.

I've seen Lo Greco trying to bring boxing to Toronto... but now I feel less optimistic about it
            Lo Greco hasn't fought one bout in Toronto. All of his Canadian bouts have taken place solely in Quebec. Even though he is born and bred Torontonian. A classic case of people having to go to Quebec and make it there.

I don't get it. Toronto is so diverse and a solid amateur scene. They can put fighters of different communities against each other. That'd fill up shows. I don't know what I am missing.

Comment

Are you referring to Molitor? Can you elaborate?
              The last tweet of Pascal of the first post.

Comment

Lo Greco hasn't fought one bout in Toronto. All of his Canadian bouts have taken place solely in Quebec. Even though he is born and bred Torontonian. A classic case of people having to go to Quebec and make it there.

I don't get it. Toronto is so diverse and a solid amateur scene. They can put fighters of different communities against each other. That'd fill up shows. I don't know what I am missing.
                I've just seen him posting on twitter saying he wants to bring it there and fight there

Comment

I've just seen him posting on twitter saying he wants to bring it there and fight there
                  Hopefully, a step in the right direction.

Comment

Is Roy Jones still working with him?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X