Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Quillin has an equal, if not better resume than Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macklin is the difference, and looking at both records it is a big difference.

Comment

I don't think many have argued that GGG's resume is better, but rather that Quillin could have fought GGG not too long ago but did not want it. Also, Quillin has gone on record saying he didn't want to fight the best or something to that effect, I forget exactly what it was.

Comment

GGG is an ATG on NSB. How dare you compare them

Comment

Neither have really astonishing records ...but the nod should go to GGG

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            He'd also lose to GGG if they fought.
            That may very well be the case sir but that's a different debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              GGG is an ATG on NSB. How dare you compare them
              Can you change your avatar already?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                I would say level of competition is about the same..

Both won vacant belts and hasn't fought another champ
                Both have beaten older names and B level contenders

The only difference is that ggg has won in a more dominant fashion

If ggg beats geale in dominant fashion, I would have him ahead of quillen..
                I agree the win over Geale would give him the edge, you think along the same lines as me.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  yeah there's not a great deal in it in truth, but the OP is being disingenuous.

Golovkin clearly wants to fight the best in the division, whereas Quillin (or Haymon) finds ways not to take on other top MW fighters.

I hope Korobov v Quillin gets made (at the minimum purse bid).

lol
                  Hey how you doing thanks for joining the discussion, i'm not being disingenuous i'm just saying what is on both of their resumes CURRENTLY and like you said there is not a great deal in it.

Golovkin may well want to fight the best at 160 but that doesn't mean we can give him empty credit for something he hasn't YET done.

Paul Williams wanted to fight Floyd Mayweather but the fight didn't materialise so we can't give credit to his resume because the Mayweather fight didn't happen, regardless if he wanted it or not.

Also Quillin/Haymon according to you finds way to avoid fighters yet he still has a pretty equal resume to Golovkin who wants to fight the best. Ok, we can speculate that Quillin is a coward or whatever but the resume is the resume and they still have a similar quality resume NOW.

The main thing for me is the 'hype to quality of opposition ratio' and it's clear Golovkin's ratio doesn't add up to the hype. Quillin did get some hype after the N'Dam fight but other than that it hasn't been much, especially compared to Gennady.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    Peter Quillin is a tomato can
                    Then it doesn't look good for Triple Duck when his resume isn't as good as Qullin's.

LOL....

Comment

Peter Quillin is a bum. Neither of their resumes are spectacular but Gennadys is better than Quillins because he didn't struggle with Rosado (some think Rosado was beating Quillin), has a win over Macklin and is fighting Geale on the 26th.

Peter "Only if the price is right" Quillin would get good boy'd

Comment

Working...
                      X