No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    yes and to be fair to Vlad...when was the last time a fighter in the heavyweight division fought off his back leg? I can't think of any modern guys off the top of my flat head.

This is an interesting situation. It shows that Fury's family, their particular connection to prizefighting evolved a bit different. While most European coaching and styles are heavily influenced by the amateur style...Fury's family is more connected to bare knuckle principles and other technical approaches. This is why Fury looks very different and this is why he fights that way, namely the Fury's in their own tradition, have retained and disccarded different technical approaches, from the status quo.

incidently, a great analogy to this situation is Brazilian Jui Jitsu which is for all purposes a form of Judo. The Gracies ground game came because the Japanese teacher that came to them was not influenced by post war Kodokan procedures used to standerdize Judo, and other such things...Judo always had the techniques used by the Gracies but... these techniques were not emphasized at the Kodokan in Japan. So the Gracies, like Fury, used technical approaches part of the art, but not emphasized by and large in the training community.
    Interesting way of looking at things.

Fury represents almost a different species of boxer, and one that modern trainers just aren't equipped to deal with. Some of the things he does you'd never teach in a million years, yet the fact is they work for him and win him fights. It's fascinating watching him use these hybrid old school techniques from the last century against modern highly schooled boxers, and utterly befuddling them. I suspect we'll be seeing a bit of a renaissance in training methods as a result of Fury's success, or at least a greater appreciation of certain techniques long thought obsolete.

Saying that, it'd be interesting to see if Fury's unorthodox style works in and of itself, or whether a large degree of its success comes down to Fury's virtuosity as a fighter. I suspect the latter, though time will tell.

Comment

• http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...1#post16355265

Vote Denium.

If every Fury fan votes he will easily make the final cut, I doubt he wins on that alone but someone deserves credit for carrying this thread for 18 months with balanced discussion, hence why I ain't voting none of the other Fury fans as some are clearly mentally disturbed and a tad unhinged.

Comment

• This thread has been removed from sticky. Noooooo, this was epic!

Cheers Scott btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
          This thread has been removed from sticky. Noooooo, this was epic!

Cheers Scott btw.
          I know right!

Why couldn't they just turn it back into the pre-fight discussion thread again. Could become the longest saga in the scene history.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
            This thread has been removed from sticky. Noooooo, this was epic!

Cheers Scott btw.
            Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
            I know right!

Why couldn't they just turn it back into the pre-fight discussion thread again. Could become the longest saga in the scene history.
            Just subscribe to the thread, then you can come back at will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              I know right!

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Just subscribe to the thread, then you can come back at will.
              Boston will change the thread title if asked when the fight is announced, it nearly rivals the heavyweight schedule IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Scott-Weiland- View Post
                Boston will change the thread title if asked when the fight is announced, it nearly rivals the heavyweight schedule IMO.
                What for though?

I have the new thread here, and that poll is closed anyway.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...3#post16356443

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                  Fury's going to beat Klitschko from the Southpaw stance.

He'll switch back to orthodox if he senses a knockout coming though.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Makes sense. Wlad has shown a weakness against southpaws in the past, so Fury can keep him off guard in the opening rounds and repeat the feat down the stretch. That'd be something though, dominating a dominant champ without even using your good side. Kind of an insult to Wlad, but eff it, if Fury can get away with it why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                      Makes sense. Wlad has shown a weakness against southpaws in the past, so Fury can keep him off guard in the opening rounds and repeat the feat down the stretch. That'd be something though, dominating a dominant champ without even using your good side. Kind of an insult to Wlad, but eff it, if Fury can get away with it why not?
                      yea.

I was bumping that to give that guy some credit for calling it with the rest of us, have to show love when it's due.

WAR FURY!!

Comment

Working...
                      X