No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Machinist_X View Post
    o scott is back with his crosseyes and biased opinions, it was a unanimous decision, do you know what that means? so... how was it competitive every round you clown, wlad got dominated, played with and outboxed, everyone seems to have seen that but you.

you seem to want wlad to become the next james tony or roy jones, the man is nearly 40, even the great vitali didnt fight anyone in the same league as fury at 40, he fought easy opponents or bums like charr or solis and if any clown says a yourself says he fought chisora who fury fought, vitali even said if chisora was faster he would of been in trouble that night and give him his closest fight for a while.

sorry sir you must of seen another fight because our man scott the wlad fanboy says he was really competitive.

btw scott just to educate you, if a fighter is risking his health by boxing or refused to fight, he cannot honor that contract for that fight deal and there will be terms under it where he can walk out of it by other means.

wlad doesnt do stupid contracts that are unbreakable and even if they was he still could get out of them with health and safety, all it means really is if he chooses to fight he is exclusive with that network within germany, which is RTL? i believe. so it doesnt matter if he had a 100 fight deal.
    So because it was UD it wasn't competitive ? Lol ! Ok.

I saw the fight, I made my own judgement. I don't need that of a Fury fan telling me how the fight played out, I saw it.

Now I've never been a big fan of compubox but if we were to relate to their round by round statistics we would see how thier really is not a huge gulf proving what you say is a fight where Wlad was 'out boxed' nearly everyone I have spoke to who was impartial and unbiased said it was a terrible fight and neither of them looked good, yet Klitschko looked worse. That I had already accepted, but for one to claim Fury is so far out ahead of Wlad I refuse to acknowledge or accept, as I have said previously, even in the event Fury wins again I'm absolutely certain Wlad can claim a belt from the likes of Glazkov and Wilder.

For you this may be an issue. Klitschko obviously and clearly is not in his prime anymore and was far removed from this standing long before they faced each other last month, many noted Klitschko had slowed a step versus Pulev, and even more so versus Jennings, has Fury peaked ? I woud like to hope not as I believe he will have to show a lot more if he is to again win the rematch, as Wlad hasn't really to do much more to improve on his last performance, and as I said previously Fury really was not that much better than Klitschko himself, but clearly enough to win.

See, I don't need to come on NSB to grasp what the popular opinion is or was. I fail to see how anyone can claim Fury to have clearly out boxed Klitschko going by the way this particular fight played out, punchers thrown and landed for instance. It really was a drab fight as a few predicted this really had the potential to be a 'stinker', myself included. A fight with two boxers unprepared to take risks as one has even more reservations over his chin and durability as the champion at time himself.

I have friends who attended also and they were of the same opinion, these people arent even Klitschko supporters, they were of the opinion you could tell Fury was winning from the outset whilst in the stands, widely acknowledging Fury was doing enough to win convincingly but far removed being dominated as stated some rounds were difficult to separate at times.

You can blow all the horns and goats you so please and desire in sounding off on Fury's win, good on you, as a fan you've earnt it, but don't try to claim the victory was something it clearly was not. I'm not prepared to listen to anybody masturabte vigorously in a fight I saw as a 8-4 rounds type fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      Fury isn't a huge puncher, but he can definitely punch with power.

His style is more geared toward hitting and moving. But he certainly has the power to get a guy out.

He isn't a stand in front of you and bang type of guy. He hits and moves.
      I think it's pretty clear most people were surprised how well he handled Vladimir. I want to see how he handles a hard punching pressure fighter - one we will hopefully see in Vlad next time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        Fury isn't a huge puncher, but he can definitely punch with power.

His style is more geared toward hitting and moving. But he certainly has the power to get a guy out.

He isn't a stand in front of you and bang type of guy. He hits and moves.
        His punch power is tame in comparison to the likes of Joshua, Klitschko and Ortiz, I think it will be interesting to see how Wilder's power is up against Fury. As we have seen with Wilder his early round ko's have begun to slow down now that he has raised his level in competition, could Fury take his power ? I would not bank against it, I think this is a fight I would like to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Scott-Weiland- View Post
          His punch power is tame in comparison to the likes of Joshua, Klitschko and Ortiz, I think it will be interesting to see how Wilder's power is up against Fury. As we have seen with Wilder his early round ko's have begun to slow down now that he has raised his level in competition, could Fury take his power ? I would not bank against it, I think this is a fight I would like to see.
          I think Wilder and Ortiz would be stylistic nightmares against Fury.

Fury is a funny guy, clearly fast for his size.. but I don't think he'll be champion long.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            I think it's pretty clear most people were surprised how well he handled Vladimir. I want to see how he handles a hard punching pressure fighter - one we will hopefully see in Vlad next time around.
            If Wlad lets his right hand go at least a few times a round Fury is done, really depends on what Wlad has left, if he fights like he did last out I don't even wanna see it and the dude needs to retire. I can't see Fury stopping Klitschko either way, he hasn't the power to.

Comment

I'm actually really looking forward to the rematch.

I wouldn't be completely shocked if Wlad. works on some adjustments, and actually knocks out Fury.

My pick though is a Fury KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post
                I think Wilder and Ortiz would be stylistic nightmares against Fury.

Fury is a funny guy, clearly fast for his size.. but I don't think he'll be champion long.
                I tabbed Ortiz as the biggest threat to Wlad as I disregarded that of Fury early on, I suppose age has caught up with Klitschko now and all these guys like Joshua, Parker and Ortiz represent a very real threat to him.

No I don't either, I expect we will see him attempt to grab the big money fight/s before the likes of Ortiz and Parker are mandated, hopefully we will see Fury at least face Wilder before Joshua if he defeats Klitschko again.

Comment

I tabbed Ortiz as the biggest threat to Wlad as I disregarded that of Fury early on, I suppose age has caught up with Klitschko now and all these guys like Joshua, Parker and Ortiz represent a very real threat to him.

No I don't either, I expect we will see him attempt to grab the big money fight/s before the likes of Ortiz and Parker are mandated, hopefully we will see Fury at least face Wilder before Joshua if he defeats Klitschko again.
                  Can you imagine if Ortiz was 10 years younger? What a phenom he'd be.

Comment

In my opinion, Fury would box Wilder's socks off, and then KO him.

Comment

I'm not at all counting out Wlad in the rematch, though my pick is a Fury stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X