No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
    Fury isn't a huge puncher, but he can definitely punch with power.

His style is more geared toward hitting and moving. But he certainly has the power to get a guy out.

He isn't a stand in front of you and **** type of guy. He hits and moves.
    I think it's pretty clear most people were surprised how well he handled Vladimir. I want to see how he handles a hard punching pressure fighter - one we will hopefully see in Vlad next time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      Fury isn't a huge puncher, but he can definitely punch with power.

His style is more geared toward hitting and moving. But he certainly has the power to get a guy out.

He isn't a stand in front of you and **** type of guy. He hits and moves.
      His punch power is tame in comparison to the likes of Joshua, Klitschko and Ortiz, I think it will be interesting to see how Wilder's power is up against Fury. As we have seen with Wilder his early round ko's have begun to slow down now that he has raised his level in competition, could Fury take his power ? I would not bank against it, I think this is a fight I would like to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Scott-Weiland- View Post
        His punch power is tame in comparison to the likes of Joshua, Klitschko and Ortiz, I think it will be interesting to see how Wilder's power is up against Fury. As we have seen with Wilder his early round ko's have begun to slow down now that he has raised his level in competition, could Fury take his power ? I would not bank against it, I think this is a fight I would like to see.
        I think Wilder and Ortiz would be stylistic nightmares against Fury.

Fury is a funny guy, clearly fast for his size.. but I don't think he'll be champion long.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          I think it's pretty clear most people were surprised how well he handled Vladimir. I want to see how he handles a hard punching pressure fighter - one we will hopefully see in Vlad next time around.
          If Wlad lets his right hand go at least a few times a round Fury is done, really depends on what Wlad has left, if he fights like he did last out I don't even wanna see it and the dude needs to retire. I can't see Fury stopping Klitschko either way, he hasn't the power to.

Comment

I'm actually really looking forward to the rematch.

I wouldn't be completely shocked if Wlad. works on some adjustments, and actually knocks out Fury.

My pick though is a Fury KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post
              I think Wilder and Ortiz would be stylistic nightmares against Fury.

Fury is a funny guy, clearly fast for his size.. but I don't think he'll be champion long.
              I tabbed Ortiz as the biggest threat to Wlad as I disregarded that of Fury early on, I suppose age has caught up with Klitschko now and all these guys like Joshua, Parker and Ortiz represent a very real threat to him.

No I don't either, I expect we will see him attempt to grab the big money fight/s before the likes of Ortiz and Parker are mandated, hopefully we will see Fury at least face Wilder before Joshua if he defeats Klitschko again.

Comment

I tabbed Ortiz as the biggest threat to Wlad as I disregarded that of Fury early on, I suppose age has caught up with Klitschko now and all these guys like Joshua, Parker and Ortiz represent a very real threat to him.

No I don't either, I expect we will see him attempt to grab the big money fight/s before the likes of Ortiz and Parker are mandated, hopefully we will see Fury at least face Wilder before Joshua if he defeats Klitschko again.
                Can you imagine if Ortiz was 10 years younger? What a phenom he'd be.

Comment

In my opinion, Fury would box Wilder's socks off, and then KO him.

Comment

I'm not at all counting out Wlad in the rematch, though my pick is a Fury stoppage.

Comment

Wilder amassed a 33 KO streak against taxi drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X