No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
    I think Wlad still believes he has it in him, else he wouldn't have remained at the top for so long. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't. Fury is going to absolutely wreck him this time round and Wlad's going to leave the sport with another KO loss on his record. Fury did just enough to win last time round, but he's going to put the finishing touches on it now.

I know Wlad fans are going to draw hope from that last round and apply it to the rematch, but they're going to wish they left it at that. Wlad's not going to beat Fury or come anywhere close.
    The more messages I read on this thread, the less and less I believe Klitschko can pull it off in the rematch lol

I really can picture Klitschko gassing and Fury attacking him... but at the same time I can see Klitschko clinching just to hang on.

Comment

• Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post
      The more messages I read on this thread, the less and less I believe Klitschko can pull it off in the rematch lol

I really can picture Klitschko gassing and Fury attacking him... but at the same time I can see Klitschko clinching just to hang on.
      He isn't. He no longer has the physical capability to fight like an aggressive offensive fighter. He might cause Fury some hairy moments, but Fury's a survivor and a damn fine pure fighter in his own right. Wlad's going to have to land the punch of his life to put Fury down and out. That's possible I suppose, but highly unlikely given Fury's quality and the fact that he knows precisely what Wlad's going to have to do second time round.

Wlad needs to let this one go. Accept that he got beaten by the better, younger fighter and ride off into the sunset with his ego intact.

Comment

• What's with the sig pic, by the way? Do you honestly think Wilder is going to win the belts off Fury? He won't even face his mandatory challenger and clearly has no intention of doing so until he literally has no other option.

Wilder is content to live in his own Alabama bubble, where he's the number one guy and the man who just beat Klitschko is second best.
        Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 12-02-2015, 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

What's with the sig pic, by the way? Do you honestly think Wilder is going to win the belts off Fury? He won't even face his mandatory challenger and clearly has no intention of doing to until he literally has no other option.

Wilder is content to live in his own Alabama bubble, where he's the number one guy and the man who just beat Klitschko is second best.
          It's just promoting their fight if Fury beats Klitschko again

I'm all in for Wilder, I feel he's big enough, strong enough, and hungry enough to give it his best in order to win. 50/50 IMO. Fury is obviously the better boxer, but like you said it only takes 1 punch in this division

Comment

• Originally posted by KOVALBOXER
            Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury4daWIN

What's with the sig pic, by the way? Do you honestly think Wilder is going to win the belts off Fury? He won't even face his mandatory challenger and clearly has no intention of doing to until he literally has no other option.

I'm all in for Wilder, I feel he's big enough, strong enough, and hungry enough to give it his best in order to win. 50/50 IMO. Fury is obviously the better boxer, but like you said it only takes 1 punch in this division
            Trust us bro. Wilder isn't in Fury's league. Fury will play with him, he's too technical for a guy like Wilder to handle.

Like the old saying goes, a boxer will always beat a brawler.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post

Fair enough. Wilder's an exciting dude when he's actually fighting guys who give him a fight and I'm psyched about the possibility of the two men meeting sometime in the near future. I'm not as confident as you are that he has what it takes to beat Fury, though I expect him to give a much better fight of it than Wlad due to purely stylistic reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                Fury is so open for the left hooks (wlad's signature punch).
                Form Chisorra fight, through Pajkic, Cunningham and Abell he always leaves himself open for hooks.

I would take Wlad by KO 8-10 with the left hook.

Comment

I think Wlad still believes he has it in him, else he wouldn't have remained at the top for so long. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't. Fury is going to absolutely wreck him this time round and Wlad's going to leave the sport with another KO loss on his record. Fury did just enough to win last time round, but he's going to put the finishing touches on it now.

I know Wlad fans are going to draw hope from that last round and apply it to the rematch, but they're going to wish they left it at that. Wlad's not going to beat Fury or come anywhere close.
                  I don't see it.

Fury ain't wrecking him unless Wlad comes out swinging like he did in his first 25 fights, which he won't do.

Fury will win because Wlad will not pull out enough tricks, he's too old, there will be new elements to his game but not enough to beat Fury. Fury will win how Wlad has always won, with his jab.

But I do see a better fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                    I don't see it.

Fury ain't wrecking him unless Wlad comes out swinging like he did in his first 25 fights, which he won't do.

Fury will win because Wlad will not pull out enough tricks, he's too old, there will be new elements to his game but not enough to beat Fury. Fury will win how Wlad has always won, with his jab.

But I do see a better fight.
                    If Wladimir comes out like he did in his first 25 fights, I think he UNDOUBTEDLY knocks Fury out and overwhelms him.

The ONLY reason Wladimir failed like this against Ross Puritty was because Ross outweighed and outstrengthed him for a start, had the power to capitalise on a weakened Wladimir and had one of the hardest chins of all time, possibly harder than MAriusz Wach's. This allowed him to survive the inexperienced Wlad who'd never had his gas tested or had to pace before.

Fury isn't as strong as Wlad, despite being larger and he certainly doesn't have a Ross Puritty chin to survive landed missiles long enough for Wlad to gas imo.

This is the key to Wlad's success imho.

He doesn't need to modify his minimalist style at all really (although that could benefit), ALL he has to do is fight more aggressively.

The guy threw hardly anything and STILL survived, so I think that it's a far fetch to assume he wont atleast do better.

Fury isn't KOing Wlad cold, he doesn't have the power for that and WK does have a strong chin.

The main question is if he does go all out will he gas again but again, this isn't the dumb ass Wlad from Puritty fight who was basically dumb ass Foreman from his Ali fight and Fury isn't Purrity in the chin department.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                      If Wladimir comes out like he did in his first 25 fights, I think he UNDOUBTEDLY knocks Fury out and overwhelms him.

The ONLY reason Wladimir failed like this against Ross Puritty was because Ross outweighed and outstrengthed him for a start, had the power to capitalise on a weakened Wladimir and had one of the hardest chins of all time, possibly harder than MAriusz Wach's. This allowed him to survive the inexperienced Wlad who'd never had his gas tested or had to pace before.

Fury isn't as strong as Wlad, despite being larger and he certainly doesn't have a Ross Puritty chin to survive landed missiles long enough for Wlad to gas imo.

This is the key to Wlad's success imho.

He doesn't need to modify his minimalist style at all really (although that could benefit), ALL he has to do is fight more aggressively.

The guy threw hardly anything and STILL survived, so I think that it's a far fetch to assume he wont atleast do better.

Fury isn't KOing Wlad cold, he doesn't have the power for that and WK does have a strong chin.

The main question is if he does go all out will he gas again but again, this isn't the dumb ass Wlad from Puritty fight who was basically dumb ass Foreman from his Ali fight and Fury isn't Purrity in the chin department.
                      The two judges that scored this had it right at 115 to 113 the other guy was drinking I think....really a close fight ...the link below is how I scored it exactly...just watched the fight again...this guy is usually on the money ..I didn't look at his scorecard until I watched it in detail just now......

Tyson Fury beats Wladimir Klitschko to become world heavyweight champion - Jeff Powell's scorecard
                      Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko on all three judges scorecard's
                      Sportsmail's Jeff Powell scored the fight 115 to 113 for the new champion
                      Fury won the first three rounds on our scorecard and led throughout

By Jeff Powell For Mailonline

Published: 19:21 EST, 28 November 2015 | Updated: 22:45 EST, 28 November 2015

Tyson Fury ended the decade long reign of the great Wladimir Klitschko with a display of astonishing nerve and virtuosity – just as he said he would.

Despite clearly getting the better of the 39-year-old Ukranian the decision was never guaranteed with the fight taking place in Germany.

But the judges gave Fury the nod that he deserved with unanimous cards of 115-112 twice and 116-111, and he was leading throughout the fight on Sportsmail's Boxing correspondent Jeff Powell's scorecard - and he scored it 115-113 at the end in favour of the British fighter.

The Gypsy King took the first three rounds to take the fight away from the champion in his own backyard and put him on the back foot.

Fury answered the first bell by racing across the ring and had the best of the early exchanges, landing some exploratory left hooks. He also landed some jabs between feinting and making Klitschko miss and won the first round surprisingly comfortably.

The Briton was light on his feet and showed good hand speed to continue to better Klitschko.

The Ukranian came back to edge the fourth round and then landed his first big right of the fight to move back within touching distance.

Read more: [url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-333790

Powell had Wlad winning rounds 3/4/5/10/12/..with round 11 being even I had the same.where this fury dominated him entirely comes from is questionable....HIGHLY. He won.
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-02-2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X