Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Where's my points you owe me?
    I sent you a quint, the bet was 10/1 when you had a solitary quadrillion. So I've sent you something considerably more significant, i figure what is 10Quad is but a small drop in an ocean now. the 10/1 dont stand on the Quint you got off of Javier.

Enjoy them, I'm coming back for them when the rematch is sanctioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
      Maybe, I was surpsrised how passive Banks was, he is supposed to see things Vlad doesn't see in there. He should have urged Vlad to press much earlier and take risks like he did in the last few rounds only, mostly the 12th when Fury looked ready to go.

A rematch will be interesting, we need an aggressive Vlad, he was frankly timid last night.
      Amen to that, Wlad never humbled Fury early, never made him respect him. In a way I am glad Fury took it on points, it goes to show Wlad can't just walk through everyone and unifying the four belts isn't as easy as first thought, ok he's lost the consecutive defences but their are other records to be broken yet.

It is achievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miley-Cyrus View Post
        I sent you a quint, the bet was 10/1 when you had a solitary quadrillion. So I've sent you something considerably more significant, i figure what is 10Quad is but a small drop in an ocean now. the 10/1 dont stand on the Quint you got off of Javier.

Enjoy them, I'm coming back for them when the rematch is sanctioned.
        I got those points from Javier long before we made our bet but it's ok it's just a bunch of numbers on the screen. All fun and games.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Miley-Cyrus View Post
            Amen to that, Wlad never humbled Fury early, never made him respect him. In a way I am glad Fury took it on points, it goes to show Wlad can't just walk through everyone and unifying the four belts isn't as easy as first thought, ok he's lost the consecutive defences but their are other records to be broken yet.

It is achievable.
            I will have to watch it again to score it round by round but obviously Fury won. I thought he would get robbed in Germany, so good to see some fair play in the sport for once.

I think Vlad can stop him in a rematch, but he needs to be way more aggressive and take risks. It has become clear that he simply isn't willing to go toe to toe, which is one of the reasons I always liked Vitali over Vladimir, deep down.

Comment

• Be interesting to see who Fury will fight in his voluntary defense
              Wilder?
              Anthony Joshua?
              David Haye?

I think deep down he wants Haye, yep still believe he wants Haye and it could be a very dangerous fight for him to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                Be interesting to see who Fury will fight in his voluntary defense
                Wilder?
                Anthony Joshua?
                David Haye?

I think deep down he wants Haye, yep still believe he wants Haye and it could be a very dangerous fight for him to take.
                I doubt it. Haye's fighting style is all about reactions and reflex, he's how old now? 34? Coming off a 3 year layoff, had lots of weight to lose, would be at a significant size disadvantage.

There's a reason Haye ducked Fury twice, because he knows he'd end up gassing and Fury would knock him out. He's skint now so will no doubt beg Fury for a retirement payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Its also the depth of skills to draw upon. But to be fair Lewis was much the same way. Stewart pleaded with Lewis during the Tyson fight, and when Lewis had that look in his eyes, vis a vis the rahman and atomic bull fight, it was hopeless! But i think Lewis, while not having great movement in the ring had a lot better so than Vlad. I think Lewis was a much more complete fighter.

Brock was such a fight, much like the chambers fight, where it was a matter of being in the drivers seat and imposing oneself. There was no threat from either guy and no need to make a fundamental change.
                  Well boxing has never seen a 6'9 guy with footwork...this makes it extremely difficult with anyone...sometimes having reach helps more than skill itself if you have enough skill.....I said I had Fury easily the top 3 best footwork ive seen as far as mobility...now with that 85 inch reach ,that is going to cause headaches if you do not cut that ring off him.....guys like Wlad/Wilder/Joshua are really the only realistic able opponents to get in the ring with him now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                    Be interesting to see who Fury will fight in his voluntary defense
                    Wilder?
                    Anthony Joshua?
                    David Haye?

One thing - this makes HW boxing the more interesting. Actiually great for the fans that Fury won.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                      I will have to watch it again to score it round by round but obviously Fury won. I thought he would get robbed in Germany, so good to see some fair play in the sport for once.

I think Vlad can stop him in a rematch, but he needs to be way more aggressive and take risks. It has become clear that he simply isn't willing to go toe to toe, which is one of the reasons I always liked Vitali over Vladimir, deep down.
                      Please just tell me how that crow is tasting?
                      And whilst you're there, can I have some of his humble pie you're handing out to everyone?!

Glorious day thus far. So don't abuse me, I'm asking you serious questions!

Comment

Working...
                      X