Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury has just pulled the biggest upset in boxing since Tyson/Douglas!

At this point, Fury is the man now, Klitschko now takes a step back.

In my rankings I currently have him 2nd only to Fury with question marks over Povetkin in a rematch.

It will be interesting to see if Wladimir exercises his rematch clause or sails away into the sunset like LEnnox did.

We COULD have a new era, OR we could have a situation like Rahman and LEwis, time will tell.

Even if Wladimir chooses to retire now, TYson Fury has YEARS of dominating victories to perform before he can even be considered the GOAT over WK.

Wladimir has earned his place as a "SATG" or Super All Time Great..

We probably wont see his relative level topped for around a hundred years or so!

Spinks beat Ali, yet we don't consider Spinks better,
    Spinks beat Holmes yet we don't consider Spinks better,
    Douglas beat TYson yet we don't consider Douglas better,
    Everybody beat Holyfield but we consider him better than most,

And so on...

To be in the club of LEnnox, Wladimir and Vitali requires even FURTHER effort. It includes wiping the floor with the division multiple times over the course of an entire decade.

However, just because he isn't the GOAT yet should not detract from this magnificent performance.

The guy has just shook the world!

I personally viewed Fury as an easy KO for WK and felt he had already wasted the last remaining serious threats.

I viewed anything he did left as merely "house-keeping" work.

Atleast he went out on his shield to a truly deserving contender who will do great things for boxing. Nobody I expect will complain about boring fights again now.

Well done Tyson!! You ended 12 years of the most absolute dominance the sport has ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
      Fury will win!...
      I called it!!!...

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
        Mate, when you've seen your favourite fighter ridiculed for years, and dismissed as a fat bum, you can't begrudge a bit of gloating.
        Nah you earned it mate..

I eat your crow.

You stayed the Fury course truer than anybody else here and he deserved to be the HW champ tonight.

Go out and get : like Fury would be

Remember though, I never once called Fury a fat bum! I just thought he was getting KOed by Klitschko tonight. On that I was mistaken!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          Tyson Fury has just pulled the biggest upset in boxing since Tyson/Douglas!

In my rankings I currently have him 2nd only to Fury with question marks over Povetkin in a rematch.

It will be interesting to see if Wladimir exercises his rematch clause or sails away into the sunset like LEnnox did.

We COULD have a new era, OR we could have a situation like Rahman and LEwis, time will tell.

Even if Wladimir chooses to retire now, TYson Fury has YEARS of dominating victories to perform before he can even be considered the GOAT over WK.

We probably wont see his relative level topped for around a hundred years or so!

And so on...

To be in the club of LEnnox, Wladimir and Vitali requires even FURTHER effort. It includes wiping the floor with the division multiple times over the course of an entire decade.

However, just because he isn't the GOAT yet should not detract from this magnificent performance.

I personally viewed Fury as an easy KO for WK and felt he had already wasted the last remaining serious threats.

Atleast he went out on his shield to a truly deserving contender who will do great things for boxing. Nobody I expect will complain about boring fights again now.

Well done Tyson!! You ended 12 years of the most absolute dominance the sport has ever seen.
          Tyson just beat Wlad with ease.

Fury is greater than Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
            Tyson Fury has just pulled the biggest upset in boxing since Tyson/Douglas!

And so on...

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Good and good post.

I'm going to work tomorrow to dig up all of your posts.

I believe I have a few sig/avi bets with people who've been hiding since the Fury masterclass came about.

Szef yoz D-MiZe

Don't be pussays.
              I posted immediately after the fight, but here you go!

I'm speechless, still. Really. Fair play to Fury - he really surprised me with his game plan. That said:

- Wladimir was so damn tentative. The first few rounds reminded me of the Brock fight, and you just wanted to hear someone in his corner tell him to unload. Someone like Steward. Banks, by sending him out to jab, did an awful job. I couldn't figure why Wladimir was so scared to throw his right hand. Fury is not a big puncher.

- Fury's switching did cause problems, but, again, Wadimir should have known this would happen. Did he not study Tyson's recent fights and prepare accordingly?

Wladimir has himself to blame for the defeat. As well as Fury boxed and befuddled him, his unwillingness to take a chance cost him. Also, a further note, I cannot remember a world title fight, in recent memory, where punch accuracy levels were so low.

Wladimir gave Tyson the confidence he needed by just pawing with that jab, but, credit to Tyson. He executed a great game plan. He moved well, switched well. I can't say too much about his punching, because, again, his accuracy was so low, but he made it difficult and made himself look the better, more composed boxer.

He should look at a possible unification with Wilder in the UK next year. As for Wladimir, well. His legacy, as a great champion, is blackened by this defeat. As I have said before, under Banks he has regressed defensively - but I did not expect him to revert back to the early Steward days of tentative offensive and low offensive output.

Congrats Fury fans. I'm humbled.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post

I'm speechless, still. Really. Fair play to Fury - he really surprised me with his game plan. That said:

- Wladimir was so damn tentative. The first few rounds reminded me of the Brock fight, and you just wanted to hear someone in his corner tell him to unload. Someone like Steward. Banks, by sending him out to jab, did an awful job. I couldn't figure why Wladimir was so scared to throw his right hand. Fury is not a big puncher.

- Fury's switching did cause problems, but, again, Wadimir should have known this would happen. Did he not study Tyson's recent fights and prepare accordingly?

Wladimir has himself to blame for the defeat. As well as Fury boxed and befuddled him, his unwillingness to take a chance cost him. Also, a further note, I cannot remember a world title fight, in recent memory, where punch accuracy levels were so low.

Wladimir gave Tyson the confidence he needed by just pawing with that jab, but, credit to Tyson. He executed a great game plan. He moved well, switched well. I can't say too much about his punching, because, again, his accuracy was so low, but he made it difficult and made himself look the better, more composed boxer.

He should look at a possible unification with Wilder in the UK next year. As for Wladimir, well. His legacy, as a great champion, is blackened by this defeat. As I have said before, under Banks he has regressed defensively - but I did not expect him to revert back to the early Steward days of tentative offensive and low offensive output.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post

Fury's jab was the key. I told a lot of people that Wlad would find it hard to deal with. But Wlad just seemed so damn small and out of range. And Fury is more comfortable on the inside than him also.

Such a bad match up for Wlad - I feel it would be worse in a rematch. But hey. if they have one - great. I just struggle to see how Wlad's going to win. It's not in his DNA to "go for it" and he would have to.

With a wife, daughter etc. Stay retired champ. You earned it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Since when are you a Fury man?

Didn't you say he'd get flattened too?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Fury's jab was the key. I told a lot of people that Wlad would find it hard to deal with. But Wlad just seemed so damn small and out of range. And Fury is more comfortable on the inside than him also.

Such a bad match up for Wlad - I feel it would be worse in a rematch. But hey. if they have one - great. I just struggle to see how Wlad's going to win. It's not in his DNA to "go for it" and he would have to.

With a wife, daughter etc. Stay retired champ. You earned it.
                      I don't see it, I really don't. Wladimir knows, unless he can avenge this immediately, his legacy is tarnished.

A rematch would be fun, but, as you say, Wladimir can be mentally fragile. Last night he needed Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X