No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    I think I understand your concerns. Weeks is top quality, it's a good choice and one surely Fury is happy with. To be honest I do not think he cares who is referee as he says it's up to him to keep it in his own hands.

I too hope Weeks keeps things under control and doesn't end up favouring one fighter over the other. That would ruin what would otherwise be a compelling fight. There are too many variable in this fight to add another one to the pot.

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    Lol, Wlad fought the Jennings defence knowing he had Fury next, good preparation facing an 84" reach opponent before being ordered to face an 85" reach opponent, though Jennings fought a style Wlad just did not expect nor prepare for I believe, in the end that fight likely was of no use in preparing for Fury as Jennings utilised the bull rushing and low under guard.
    I'm not sure if I buy that Wlad fought Jennings to prepare himself for Fury. Their reaches may be comparable, but they have a very different style and physical dimensions. Jennings doesn't use his reach effectively, nor does he have the height or boxing nous to keep things long. He's not a bad opponent, and brings a similar level of awkwardness and improvisation to the ring, so there is that I suppose.

Neither fighter has anyone remotely like them in the division barring perhaps Pulev for Wlad, so it'll be a learning experience for both come Saturday night.

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    Fury looks at his most comfortable fighting exclusive behind the jab surely he will as we expect fight how his uncle has been tuning him in his most significant fights, Johnson, Chisora and Hammer. That really is the blueprint of how he intends to fight, it is obvious he will do what he is most comfortable with. His style is very much like Wlad's electing to fight with a solid jab and rarely opening up unless it is glaringly evident he can land the right hand at will and ease.

Fury is so confident in his previous showings it really does make for an exciting fight, but it could all be negated if he becomes frustrated by an inability to do as he did to the trash levels of opponents he has faced, I mean trash by comparison.
    I doubt even Fury's delusional enough to think he can do to Wlad what he could do to Hammer and Chisora. I get the feeling he doesn't really expect anything in this fight, and will just try to react depending on how things start to pan out. If he finds Wlad open he'll begin to land the combos, otherwise he'll stick behind the jab. It will be interesting to see how Fury adapts if he finds he's unable to break Wlad's defence, as it will if Wlad cannot land anything of significance on Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
      Whats up with the round by round? It's like midnite in Germany whats happening?
      Fury took the first round 10-9. Second round he's gone into southpaw and is starting to clown. Wlad looks frustrated.

Just kidding. Fight isn't till tomorrow ya div!

Comment

• fury takes the first round, wladimir looks befuddled

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          Excellent post
          Do you rate Hughie Fury ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
            I too hope Weeks keeps things under control and doesn't end up favouring one fighter over the other. That would ruin what would otherwise be a compelling fight. There are too many variable in this fight to add another one to the pot.

I'm not sure if I buy that Wlad fought Jennings to prepare himself for Fury. Their reaches may be comparable, but they have a very different style and physical dimensions. Jennings doesn't use his reach effectively, nor does he have the height or boxing nous to keep things long. He's not a bad opponent, and brings a similar level of awkwardness and improvisation to the ring, so there is that I suppose.

Neither fighter has anyone remotely like them in the division barring perhaps Pulev for Wlad, so it'll be a learning experience for both come Saturday night.

I doubt even Fury's delusional enough to think he can do to Wlad what he could do to Hammer and Chisora. I get the feeling he doesn't really expect anything in this fight, and will just try to react depending on how things start to pan out. If he finds Wlad open he'll begin to land the combos, otherwise he'll stick behind the jab. It will be interesting to see how Fury adapts if he finds he's unable to break Wlad's defence, as it will if Wlad cannot land anything of significance on Fury.
            Jennings has a stupendous reach yet neglected to utilise it, he is also naturally an athlete. I think the idea was there but it did not work out as expected. The issues regarding difficulties with Jennings I put down to conceding home advantage and the tactics employed by Jennings himself with the referee being exceptionally strict in really what was being iniated by Wlad's opponent IMO.

Wlad knew he had Fury up next, you believe it was coincidence he fought an opponent with 84" reach before his impending WBO mandated challenger date ?

I think I have said this before, I really believe Team Fury look at this fight as mission complete in actually being here ie they've carefully matched him into a money spinning pay day, the result is really of minor significance obviously a win would bring further huge pay days but I just feel he is ill equipped in his prep for a title shot st the champ, Wilder maybe the champ ? No !

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
              Do you rate Hughie Fury ?
              He's basically Tyson Lite to me with his only achievement to date outpointing Arias a very fringe contender.

No sale LOL

Comment

• If Fury was interested in fake trinkets and continued pay days he would have gone after Wilder.

Cudos to Fury for having the guts to take on the big cheese but I feel it's just for the cash out.

This is evidenced by Fury's own statements that he's retiring either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                  He's basically Tyson Lite to me with his only achievement to date outpointing Arias a very fringe contender.

No sale LOL
                  I'll have to disagree, for me Hughie is the full package minus the power. I recognise more talent than Tyson. He defeated Rudenko in a thoroughly convincing display on relatively little pro experience to date. Rudenko is no creme puff, the display may not have been a masterclass but you don't breeze past folk like with only a handful of fights that unless you have a promising future.

I hope to distance myself as a Team Fury cheerleader or detractor, I can not relate to Tyson or his father but Peter and Hughie on the other hand I admire, hard to believe John Fury and Peter are siblings.

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                  If Fury was interested in fake trinkets and continued pay days he would have gone after Wilder.

Cudos to Fury for having the guts to take on the big cheese but I feel it's just for the cash out.

This is evidenced by Fury's own statements that he's retiring either way.
                  I think it's retire in defeat if it looks bad as I expect with early stoppage, but these quotes by Hearn he could face AJ if he doesn't look too bad in defeat do not fill me with confidence he will try to do some sort of Haye performance.

Comment

• Hughie actually has the potential to become a better fighter than Tyson.

If he keeps improving at his current pace, he'll make a good living in the sport.

In normal conditions I'd say he has a fair chance to win a title. But to do that, he has to cross paths with freaks like Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                      Hughie actually has the potential to become a better fighter than Tyson.

If he keeps improving at his current pace, he'll make a good living in the sport.

In normal conditions I'd say he has a fair chance to win a title. But to do that, he has to cross paths with freaks like Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker.
                      Hughie for me has fought sterner tests than both of those guys so that technically makes him more proven IMO. Ok he is not as impressive in power, but he has shown something Parker and AJ have not, ring intelligence, conditioning and pacing over 10. It will be interesting to see how AJ and Parker cope when they finish up on their Wilder esque like tours and fight credible opponents, I reserve judgement until then, right now I go out and say Hughie looks overall more impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X