No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

At the gym watching greatness🙌🏽🙌🏽..Former heavyweight champion of the world Vitaly Klitschko came to camp today to give his younger brother heavyweight champion of the world klitschko_official a few rounds of very technical sound rounds sparring before his big title defense next week against undefeated Tyson fury..The sweet Science was in full effect today👊🏽..salute to both Klitschko brothers..The type of history they have made together as bothers has never happen before In sports and I doubt that we will ever see it again.🙌🏽💯🙌🏽💯 #oddguy #klitschkobrothers #history #heavyweightchamps #greatness #romebuilders

A photo posted by The Odd Guy (@malikkingscott) on

Even more interesting! And probably a better choice than Scott with Vitali's awkwardness.

Vitali would probably still be able to step in the ring tomorrow and beat pretty much everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
      Pretty good choice actually. Scott will get him used to the speed and precision counter punching that Fury will bring.

Scott's also extremely adept at mimicking other fighters. Excellent sparring partner all round.
      Scott is a skillful fighter, but he only fights on the outside.

From what I've seen from Wlad he's getting a lot of quality in from guys who all fight differently. And Fury really fights all styles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        You must be joking.

Prime for prime, Wladimer is worthy to hold Lewis' jock strap.

Not a lot else.

Lewis was getting schooled by untechnical Vitaly. Who is classes below Wlad when it comes to ring IQ and smartness.

Lennox is lucky that Vitaly got cut. Otherwise he would lose on points.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Even more interesting! And probably a better choice than Scott with Vitali's awkwardness.

Vitali would probably still be able to step in the ring tomorrow and beat pretty much everyone.
          Hmm, he was struggling with Charr and Chisora three years ago so I'd be highly sceptical if he could even beat someone like Takam nowadays, let alone Povetkin, Wilder or Fury.

Comment

Hmm, he was struggling with Charr and Chisora three years ago so I'd be highly sceptical if he could even beat someone like Takam nowadays, let alone Povetkin, Wilder or Fury.
            He was hardly struggling. That just didn't happen.

He lost his shoulder in the Chisora fight early on, still managed to win quite convincingly.

Comment

He was hardly struggling. That just didn't happen.

He lost his shoulder in the Chisora fight early on, still managed to win quite convincingly.
              Struggling is perhaps the wrong word, but he was a far cry from the dominating force of before. Charr was tagging him pretty good near the end of their fight, and Chisora was pushing him hard all night. He was clearly slowing down and becoming more vulnerable and three years won't have improved him any. He'd probably have a similar success to loss ratio as Thompson nowadays, maybe a bit better than him, but he'd no longer be the clear number two by any means.

Comment

Scott is a skillful fighter, but he only fights on the outside.

From what I've seen from Wlad he's getting a lot of quality in from guys who all fight differently. And Fury really fights all styles.
                Scott doesn't have the combinations or raw physical aggressiveness of Fury, that's true. There aren't that many big fighters who do at the moment. Maybe Pulev, but he likes to fight on the inside as well. Someone like Helenius (who's also in camp I believe) comes close, but he totally lacks the footwork or imagination of Fury. Ustinov?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  Yes. Now we can kick back and enjoy Cotto-Canelo while waiting for next weekend.
                  Who you leaning towards ?

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                  Tough to call that one. Canelo can be outboxed but I think an all out 'fight' war, his youth probably gives him the edge over Cotto. Anyway, Cotto has been written off before and produced the goods on the night, so should be fun. A good end to the boxing year.
                  Two best fights of the year and we've been made to wait until like what 6-7 weeks until the end of the year ? I can't wait for tonight. I'm edging towards Canelo but have torn in the build up. Power and durability should see him end this around ten. I've never really been the biggest fan of Cotto and after what he did to Geale he can suck a fat one as far as I'm concerned.

Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
                  I think we've just found the latest comment for my sig. Thanks

Comment

Scott doesn't have the combinations or raw physical aggressiveness of Fury, that's true. There aren't that many big fighters who do at the moment. Maybe Pulev, but he likes to fight on the inside as well. Someone like Helenius (who's also in camp I believe) comes close, but he totally lacks the footwork or imagination of Fury. Ustinov?
                    It'll be hard to find someone like Fury, which is why Wlad has mixed it up with different partners. Pulev can't fight on the inside worth anything. Ustinov.. I mean, he's just big. Helenius is a good fighter, and good choice - I think he was in the camp as well.

Get some physicality from Whyte, I think they've sparred a bit as well. Scott can box.

Who has he had in that fights southpaw?

Comment

It'll be hard to find someone like Fury, which is why Wlad has mixed it up with different partners. Pulev can't fight on the inside worth anything. Ustinov.. I mean, he's just big. Helenius is a good fighter, and good choice - I think he was in the camp as well.

Get some physicality from Whyte, I think they've sparred a bit as well. Scott can box.

Who has he had in that fights southpaw?
                      Sorry, I meant to say he fights on the outside like Scott. Helenius is the best of those options but he's a little too static. He likes to set his feet while throwing which is almost the exact opposite thing that Fury does. Ustinov is big and kind of useless, but he's also extremely physically strong and has the sort of roughhouse style that could prepare Wlad for Fury's own roughhouse tactics. Thompson could provide a decent southpaw though he's so slow nowadays. Scott would probably be better (he can fight both orthodox and southpaw I believe).

Comment

Working...
                      X