No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    So Klitschko destroying chumpy ass Chisora in 3 rounds would not emulate Fury putting on a clinic for ten rounds ?
    It took him four rounds to stop Mormeck and five rounds to stop Leapai, so why would he destroy Chisora in three? Given Chisora's toughness and threat level the most realistic timeframe would probably be something similar to Fury's, though with the way Chisora ducks low as he comes in it'd probably look even uglier than the Povetkin debacle. I'm glad it was never made to be honest.
    Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 11-03-2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
      Let's make one thing very clear...

Wladimir's Wach victory was worth far more than Fury's Chisora victory...

Wladimir's STAY BUSY interim opponent > Fury's best win!
      How is that clear? Why is beating a walking punchbag with no significant victories under his belt worth more than beating a former British, Commonwealth and European champion in Chisora?

Run me through that with facts and logic please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        Let's make one thing very clear...

Wladimir's Wach victory was worth far more than Fury's Chisora victory...

Wladimir's STAY BUSY interim opponent > Fury's best win!
        I'd say Chisora and Wach are not too far apart, although Chisora I'd probably rate slightly higher, based on who he's fought.

His win over Helenius (officially an SD loss, but I saw the fight and Chisora was robbed) is probably better than any of Wach's wins.

Chisora is Fury's best win, but he beat him twice in dominant fashion.

There is no doubt that Wladimer has faced and beat much better fighters than Fury has.

Still, the two are going to fight, and we'll all get to see what happens.

Wladimer is rightfully a big favorite. The odds have tightened up dramatically though.

This should be one of Wlad's toughest fights among recent opponents, and Fury has a legitimate shot.

Povetkin was suppose to be his toughest opponent on paper, but Wlad's size advantage, and the styles of each, tipped very much in Wlad's favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
          Who did Wach beat that suggests he's better than Chisora? Or that he's any less garbage? His best wins are Hammer, Tye Fields and Kevin McBride. Chisora at least has Scott and Helenius on his resume, plus a super strong showing against big brother Vit. Wach got obliterated when he fought little bro and made to look like an Easter Island punchbag.
          The helenius fight could have gone either way, Chisora simply did not do enough. A super strong showing versus Vitali, I'll have to agree to disagree losing ten rounds to a one armed old man is nothing noteworthy IMO, I understand to you it is as Chisora is likely Fury's best win, but it don't cut it with me. The Scott fight was a comtroversial one where I believe if memory serves I had Scott 3-4 rounds to 1 for Chisora, I won't get into it, but it looked highly su****ious how that fight came to a close, did Scott earn more in defeat than victory ? Peculiar, it looked like he quit versus Wilder also. Scott just beat the ageing Thompson, good win, but Thompson has been on the slide since Wlad crushed him, the wins over Price aren't really worth anything.

If Scott is Chisora's career best win that's a pretty poor career by the sounds of it.

Comment

The helenius fight could have gone either way, Chisora simply did not do enough. A super strong showing versus Vitali, I'll have to agree to disagree losing ten rounds to a one armed old man is nothing noteworthy IMO, I understand to you it is as Chisora is likely Fury's best win, but it don't cut it with me. The Scott fight was a comtroversial one where I believe if memory serves I had Scott 3-4 rounds to 1 for Chisora, I won't get into it, but it looked highly su****ious how that fight came to a close, did Scott earn more in defeat than victory ? Peculiar, it looked like he quit versus Wilder also. Scott just beat the ageing Thompson, good win, but Thompson has been on the slide since Wlad crushed him, the wins over Price aren't really worth anything.

If Scott is Chisora's career best win that's a pretty poor career by the sounds of it.
            Again, who is Wach's biggest win?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
              Again, who is Wach's biggest win?
              Who is Fury's ? Chisora a guy the same level as Wach's best win, Hammer. Wach really is not as bad as Fury fans like to claim and certainly is not worse than Chisora, both are limited, only Wach can take a punch and also has an heavy one himself, unlike Chisora who hasn't really stopped anyone noteworthy barring controversy.

Comment

Who is Fury's ? Chisora a guy the same level as Wach's best win, Hammer. Wach really is not as bad as Fury fans like to claim and certainly is not worse than Chisora, both are limited, only Wach can take a punch and also has an heavy one himself, unlike Chisora who hasn't really stopped anyone noteworthy barring controversy.
                Chisora is Fury's biggest win, followed by Cunningham, followed by Hammer.

Cunningham is actually the best fighter he has beat, and Cunningham would likely beat Chisora, although it'd be a good matchup.

However, that fight was a foul fest.

I think Fury was under prepared for what Cunningham had to bring, and Cunningham is actually a masterful boxer.

Cunningham is very highly skilled. He is undersized for the division, but in some ways it gives him things to exploit against bigger fighters, given his superior speed, and other aspects.

Cunningham surprised Fury, and he would have perhaps won the fight, had Fury not leaned all over him, and wore him down.

Fury did what he had to do, but that was not his best showing.

Remember though, Cunningham is a cruiserweight multiple time world champion, and a very skilled fighter. He is a legitimate threat to most guys at 200 and 200+.
                Last edited by Drunken Cat; 11-03-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Who is Wach's best win? Chisora has Scott and Helenius. Who does Wach have? Shouldn't be a hard question to answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                    Chisora is Fury's biggest win, followed by Cunningham, followed by Hammer.

Cunningham is actually the best fighter he has beat, and Cunningham would likely beat Chisora, although it'd be a good matchup.

However, that fight was a foul fest.

I think Fury was under prepared for what Cunningham had to bring, and Cunningham is actually a masterful boxer.

Cunningham is very highly skilled. He is undersized for the division, but in some ways it gives him things to exploit against bigger fighters, given his superior speed, and other aspects.

Cunningham surprised Fury, and he would have perhaps won the fight, had Fury not leaned all over him, and wore him down.

Fury did what he had to do, but that was not his best showing.

Remember though, Cunningham is a cruiserweight multiple time world champion, and a very skilled fighter. He is a legitimate threat to most guys at 200 and 200+.
                    It's hard to say how good Hammer is as he hasn't really fought anyone himself. He's clearly not useless, but he's not exactly battle tested either.

Chisora and Cunningham are definitely numbers one and two, with either fighter potentially taking the number one slot. Chisora has the wins over Scott and Hellboy, themselves both conquerors of former Klitschko opponents, while Cunningham has the stronger overall resume, with wins over Huck, Adamek, Wlodarczyk, Mansour, and close and somewhat controversial decision non-wins against Glazkov and Tarver. H2H I'd take the heavier handed and tougher chinned Chisora over Cunningham, whose propensity to brawl often gets the better of him despite his fragile chin and lack of inside punching power, but you could easily argue a case the other way.

I'd've liked to have seen how Fury would've done against Ustinov, as I consider him one of the more underrated big men of the division, but alas it wasn't to be. A shame that Fury's resume is so shallow as it wasn't entirely his fault in a number of instances, but his dominant performances over proven commodities in Chisora and Cunningham more than make up for it. The lad's clearly a level above most of the rest in the division. It just waits to be seen if he's a level above the champ himself.

Comment

• oh man...

What is with these Fury fans who have gone full ****** saying the man is actually more skilled than Wlad? I know a few of you are mentally challenged, but really?

Anyway...retarted Fury fans aside. I see Klitschko pulling a Wach here, he boxes way better and looks way better against tall opponents, with the exception here being that Fury is NOT going to handle punishment like juiced up Wach did.

Wlad can't hug him and will have to fight him, and that's the worst thing that could happen for Fury.

Fury does not have the power to put Wlad away. Let's pretended that Fury scores a knockdown, there is no fackign way he actually KOs him. If Peter couldn't KO Wlad than how the feck is Fury going to?

Unless Wlad suddenly ages 5 years when he shows up to fight, this will be one of his more impressive performances. Fury will get knocked down a bunch of times, he will get up because he does have heart, confidence and the fighting spirit, but he just doesn't have IT.

I'm waiting to see him land his "butter smooth, skilled 6 punch combos" lmao......you Fury fans........good stuff thanks for the chuckle.

Comment

Working...
                      X