Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the first time Im not hyped up for a Pac fight, such a shame.

Comment

• You know, I actually liked the 24/7 to my surprise... and... it sparked a little bit of intrigue in me. I though Algieri's story was something new and it contrasted well with Pacquiao's.

I am a sucker for good stories and the way HBO presented it, it got me hooked some. But then I remember that the basement dweller is going to probably run all night which brings me back to reality.

I wish the basement dweller would grow a pair and go at it with Pacquiao... Fight like a true hungry basement dweller underdog. Sure, use your lenght and reach advantages but with an offensive mindset. You can box while being active but the thing is that I have a feeling this guy will run helplessly throwing pitty pat jabs and playing tag all night.

Still ordering it just to see Pacquiao in action again and one of my fav fighters, Shiming!

Comment

• Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
        Youtube "team pacquiao media day hong kong". Manny looks very fast, his foot speed even more so.this is media day, I doubt he was going all out but to me he looks terrific.I think moving back down to 140 will benefit him, he is not a real ww.
        I thought the fight was at 144?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
          I thought the fight was at 144?
          You're correct it's at a catchweight of 144. I meant if he decides to move back down to jww after this. If he wants ko's its the smart thing to do, it's his best weight imo.

Comment

• So do I BUT............

"I am a sucker for good stories."

So am I BUT I don't like CA. I did after the RP fight. He showed tremendous resolve and calm. Then he got arrogant and started talking a little too much for my liking. Now, I want Manny to give him a BEATING!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Let me add this little snip-it

for those out there putting Pacman in the same boat as Floyd for "cherrypicking". Floyd is getting his much deserved hate because he is ending his career fight by fight with lesser opponents (compared to Pac) still unwilling to do his part in making the fight happen. Manny Pacquiao like Floyd has little to prove at this point in his career and is taking a stay busy fight ie Chris Algieri in the hopes that this fight finally gets made next year. What Manny achieves from guys like Algieri is minimal to what he already has achieved. The same with Mayweather fighting Khan or Maidana. The difference is Manny is waiting for Floyd still and Floyd's trying to cash out with easier fights and what we can assume....retire

Comment

• Comment

• First thing Algieri should do after the fight is buy a new ride...

That Honda is whack.

CA seems like a nice kid, good athlete, intelligent and humble.

I just don't think he is ready for the jump in class. His trainers are kick boxing coaches, and that (IMO) is a real mistake.

When you look at the gap in experience across both camps you just can't look beyond Pacman for a comprehensive win.

As long as Pac is physically and mentally prepared I think he will get a stoppage by round 9.

Comment

• ANything other than a Pac KO will be a disappointment

Comment

• Pac's gonna hurt this dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X