No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exactly........

Exactly. Manny is an amazing fighter. He looks to have more left in the tank than Floyd does. Smh. The first thing I noticed from round one was that Manny took CA's jab away. CA was throwing it a lot but it didn't matter. Manny's ring IQ and defense doesn't get enough credit. You agree? He is also great at controlling distance in the ring.

Comment

• Why didn't Manny go for the kill? It was OBVIOUS he was being compassionate? He looked like he wasn't even trying half the time. Why did Manny never swarm in on Chris(it's not like he had to worry about his power)? Hmm.... They better make the Floyd fight or this Farce of a fight was for nothing...

Comment

• Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        Why didn't Manny go for the kill? It was OBVIOUS he was being compassionate? He looked like he wasn't even trying half the time. Why did Manny never swarm in on Chris(it's not like he had to worry about his power)? Hmm.... They better make the Floyd fight or this Farce of a fight was for nothing...
        Wants the Floyd fight.

Comment

• When I think Manny vs Maidana I think of the first Maidana/Morales fight and how Morales fought him even except Manny still has much more left then Eric did at that Point. Manny won't lay on the ropes like Floyd did in the first fight either and even though he is degraded should have better stamina still. Interesting fight, would be nice to see it get made at 140 or so.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by darius45 View Post
              Why didn't Manny go for the kill? It was OBVIOUS he was being compassionate? He looked like he wasn't even trying half the time. Why did Manny never swarm in on Chris(it's not like he had to worry about his power)? Hmm.... They better make the Floyd fight or this Farce of a fight was for nothing...
              Why go for a kill when you can have a 12 rounds sparring with a runner with a decent defense, who doesn't clinch and doesn't headbutts? Huh? You should try to use your brain a little.

Comment

• I liked that Pacquiao tried to KO Algieri, but should stuck more to the body punching, as someone said he was headhunting too much (and missing), I feel like if did more of body punching he would stop Algieri, he had some good body shots in the 1st/3rd of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Why go for a kill when you can have a 12 rounds sparring with a runner with a decent defense, who doesn't clinch and doesn't headbutts? Huh? You should try to use your brain a little.
                  Why go for the kill when you tell all your fans you're going to prove you still have your killer instinct and then say if you look too good Floyd won't fight you and then a Floyd fight never happens and you end up sparring Danny Garcia who isn't going to try to kill you like Marquez and will let you tee off on him while he hopes to land some big left hook...

No one should buy a Manny or Floyd fight again unless they fight each, point blank... Manny royally screwed over his fans with that FARCE of a fight... seriously, these fights cost $70 people... I don't care if there is "no one else for Manny to fight"... then so be it... If he will not seriously engage a fighter(Algieri) who was like a poor deer in the headlights asking to be finished, then what really can we hope from him in the future... He'll skate to more UD's at 140 while he and Arum keep milking everyone for $70.... Manny is an ATG, and a true inspirational figure, but doesn't mean he can just ease off the gas because he doesn't feel like hurting his opponent... It's like he realized early on in the Algieri fight that Algieri wasn't ever going to hurt him so decided to just spar with him, WTF... he landed some big shots...but then whenever Algieri would seem hurt and shell up, Manny would just be standing in front of him, NOT firing, like, looking at him like a poor kid or something, he didn't swarm him like the Manny of old with 10 punch combinations( WHY NOT? he did this in his last fight with Bradley but in this fight no big merciless punch combinations, seems fishy).... I will not buy another Manny fight unless it's with Floyd or maybe Canelo...Same goes with Floyd...

Comment

• Pacquiao never went anywhere. That is the same Pacquiao that put Mosley and Clottey on survival mode for 12 rounds. I enjoyed the hell out of the fight, regardless of whether his opponent does his part or not, Pacquiao always put on a show. I thought the entire card was really fun to watch, for me personally at least.

Vargas does look better, it was a hell of a scrap. I love Shiming lol for real and he keeps improving... My only problem is that he fights in spurts too much when I believe he could be more active to not only finish things sooner perhaps but also not allow his opponents to be active and gain rhythm/confidence. Loma is amazing to watch, he pulls some ninja type moves. Very unique fighter, very unpredictable.

No doubt in my mind, I would bet everything that this Pacquiao STILL dominates Mayweather. There is no way Floyd gets a decision again Pac, Pacquiao will outwork him and shut him down.

Comment

• ill eat my crow now lol! manny surprised me he still has the speed and the punching power and tonight he didnt get as frustrated with chris movement. I really thought chris would give him a fight with his reach,height, and boxing skills but manny was too much. now somebody tell floyd to grow a pair and fight the filipino machine!

Comment

Working...
                      X