Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Arum is going to need to build his "special blow-up portable stadium" for this fight-lol

Comment

• Terrible fight IMO. Algieri brings nothing to the PPV which will probably tank and Pacquiao is in a losing situation no matter the outcome.

If Pacquiao beats him by KO it was because he was suppose to and will get no credit.

If he goes 12 rounds, Pacquiao is finished he couldn't even KO an average opponent in Algieri.

If he loses then people will say Pac should retire, is done etc.

Wishthey'd have chosen another opponent.

Comment

• This is such bull**** and before anyone says "Well you guys were OK with Pac-Provo and this guy beat him!!!".......Pac-Provo would be a crappy fight too.

The only time a WW champ should be fighting someone from 140 is if it's the consensus #1 fighter in the world there, like Hatton in 2007 and Bradley in 2012.

This is fighting a 140 guy with one good win in a different weight class and someone no one gives a rat's ass about.

I would have preferred Algieri to establish that he's the #1 guy at 140 or at least move up to 147 and get a decent win or two.

This is just bull****

Comment

• This is essentially like Floyd fighting Mauricio Herrera on PPV.....**** that would be better probably if Pac or Floyd fought him.

He's at least beaten Provonikov and basically beat the consensus #1 140 guy in Garcia

Comment

• Easily the worst year I've ever experienced as a Boxing fan. Just when you think things can't get any worse, you get Pacquiao-Algieri. I honestly thought Bob was joking when he brought this up, like maybe it was a bluff to get Marquez to lower his asking price. But he was serious.... and he wants us to shell out $75 for this? For THIS?

Arum, Haymon, DLH, the execs at HBO and Showtime, and anyone else responsible for the current atrocious state of Boxing needs to be swept away in a Biblical scale flood.

I'm embarrassed to call myself a fan of the sport.

Comment

• Not really sure who else Pac was supposed to fight. Obviously the GBP vs. Top Rank fighters isn't happening any time soon so with the stable of fighters available, there really weren't many choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
                Not really sure who else Pac was supposed to fight. Obviously the GBP vs. Top Rank fighters isn't happening any time soon so with the stable of fighters available, there really weren't many choices.
                Why not???

They talked about ending the cold war.......doesn't look like it was Schaefer's fault after all

Comment

• This is the year of the mis matches and the promoters cashing in their most popular fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                    Easily the worst year I've ever experienced as a Boxing fan. Just when you think things can't get any worse, you get Pacquiao-Algieri. I honestly thought Bob was joking when he brought this up, like maybe it was a bluff to get Marquez to lower his asking price. But he was serious.... and he wants us to shell out $75 for this? For THIS?

Arum, Haymon, DLH, the execs at HBO and Showtime, and anyone else responsible for the current atrocious state of Boxing needs to be swept away in a Biblical scale flood.

I'm embarrassed to call myself a fan of the sport.
                    There's been too many PPV's but still some good fights this year.....

Pac-Bradley II, Mayweather-Maidana, Canelo-Lara, Froch-Groves II, etc.

The biggest problem is the hesitation it seems to start matching these guys together. Thurman, Matthysse, Broner, Guerrero, Khan, Alexander, Porter, etc. These guys all need to start fighting each other.

After everyone seemingly mixing it up in 2013, this year has been a let down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
                      Chris has as many fights at 47 as Marquez did in 2009.
                      Are you seriously comparing Algeri to Marquez of 2009? Marquez was the #2 P4P fighter at the time, and Floyd was coming off of a 2 year layoff. No where near the same comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X