Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd stans- "Manny needs to fight an undefeated champion in his prime".

Sooo...what's the problem now?

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Read what a wrote, he has a chance (outboxing Pac like he did Ruslan) an not just a punchers chance like Maidana has for Floyd, and Floyd wont even let Maidana use his gloves. smh
      The gloves are an over-rated issue.It's not like Maidana is wearing pillows, and Maidana's punch with these gloves are probably still 100 times more concussive than Algeiri's best shot if he was wearing Reyes (hell,even if he was bare-knuckles!).In fact,where was your protests when Floyd had to wear what Oscar made him,or when any top draw has stipulations to the lesser known fighter????

Chris will run all night, flick out the occasional punch, trip over himself and do enough to survive a decision loss or get beat down on the ropes-no way does he win.

You can wipe off your drenched excited beaver for this fight at any time...in fact,you give Pac props for ANY fight he takes,I haven't seen you criticize a single opponent of his,in fact, you do the opposite and prop up his hopeless opponents....As much as you say you wanna see Floyd face some once in a lifetime fighter with slick footspeed, endless stamina who can punch holes through tanks-Manny RARELY fights guys who can fight off the backfoot with decent pop...Algeiri has NO pop whatsoever...you could find more pop in those toaster pastries!

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Go Ask Bradley, he is the one who said Ruslan hits harder than Manny and he should know more than either of us since he fought both.

Fast forward to 1:28
        Are you basing this solely on what Bradley says? Is his word gospel to you? Given their respective track records (Pacquiao and Provodnikov), you agree with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
          Floyd stans- "Manny needs to fight an undefeated champion in his prime".

Agreed. I wanna see him fight Roman Gonzalez next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
            spoken like a true pacf@g.......has al haymon ever said he won't work with arum? cause i've never heard that. pacquiao choose/cherrypicked algieri.....deal with it!
            Why do you answer with insults and childish name calls?

Seriously what makes you better? you are bias toward Floyd right so its like the pot calling the kettle black. i always laugh when flowmos call Pactars out for being bias when they are bias themselves.

Also how would we know when Haymon hides in the shadows like a snake creeper and never gives interviews?

Comment

• Awhh sheesh.. I was hoping this fight would've got scrapped... They're fighting Chris cause he's a cheap fight period... He's taking pennies compared to what Pac and Arum will make off this fight and I for one will not buy this fight. Most time me and the bro-skies get together well in advance and chip in cash for a Pac fight. This time we're all like who the F* is Chris Aligeri anyhow??? Whoever said this fight should be ESPN, thank you, whoever you are. This fight should not be an expensive as Hell PPV. Clotteyism.... I can see some elements of Clotteyism coming outa this fight, a boring fight where Chris will do some good running, won't land anything big with his feather fists and just try to make it 12 rounds. Pac I imagine will land his signature left, prolly hurt Chris but not enough to KO him as those days seem over, Chris will recover and we'll see a wide UD for Manny but a real snoozfest. If Knob wants good fights he's gonna have to put out some cash to some real fighters. Roach seems to have pretty good taste in who manny should fight (i.e. garcia, JMM of course) I think he was even cool w/ manny fighting khan too but not gonna happen unless "my promoter, talk to my promoter" does his job...

Comment

• Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                it's not a hard fight for pacfraud
                Dude, where did you come up with Pacfraud? That's not even a clever play on words. If you borrowed that weak **** from somebody else than that's even worse. Floyd/Fraud, Mayweather/Gayweather -- see what's going on there? You just don't marry some word that has no relation to what you're replacing it with. Do better next time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
                  Floyd stans- "Manny needs to fight an undefeated champion in his prime".

Exactly, they have no room to talk. Manny is fighting the winner of Ruslan-Chris, he is young, undefeated, and slick. not tailormade or flatfoot like Maidana. and Chris is much bigger and taller than Manny.

They are doing this to make Floyds fight look better. floyd won't even give Maidana his choice of gloves and that is Maidana's only shot to beat Floyd is a punchers chance since he is flat foot and tailormade for Floyd.

In all honestly neither fight deserves to be on PPV, only difference is Floyd stacks his cards with good fights, while Pacs card is going to be crappy.

Comment

• I wouldn't hate this fight if it was a regular HBO fight with a decent undercard. But we all know it's going to be PPV with a **** undercard. As a Pac fan if this is all Bob has in store for him then I hope he loses and retires. BS fight.

Comment

• I take it that Chris got the money he was looking for if so GOOD FOR HIM

Still not all that excited about this match up though and it is going to be a tough sell to the casuals but who knows maybe it ends up being a good match up
                      Last edited by sicko; 07-15-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X