No announcement yet.

I dont see what Canelo brings that can beat Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
    His punch stats in his last four fights would be much lower of course. Nobody's punch stats are good against Mayweather or Lara though and same goes for Trout aside from his fight with Lara. Against Angulo, Canelo's punch stats were great. The truth lies somewhere in between.

Canelo is an accurate fighter. Fighters with very good movement give him trouble but there aren't really that many elusive guys at 154 and 160. Canelo doesn't get hit too much either.
    So one could say that when he stopped beating up on smaller JWW and WW's his accuracy and power has fallen off substantionally. A small drop off is expected but Canelo has gone from KO'ing guys within 10 rounds, to needing a paid off judge in order to secure a victory, no amount of spin can make Canelo a better fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      So one could say that when he stopped beating up on smaller JWW and WW's his accuracy and power has fallen off substantionally. A small drop off is expected but Canelo has gone from KO'ing guys within 10 rounds, to needing a paid off judge in order to secure a victory, no amount of spin can make Canelo a better fighter.
      did you know that canelo fought more than 30 of his fights at WW?
      and those stats are not bad even know he fought slick boxers like lara, trout, floyd, vazquez(twice), tyner, mosley(nephew), among others...
      but against since cotto is not near on those stats means nothing...

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        Those are great punch stats considering almost 90% is against lightweights and jr welterweights.

Can you find me his punch stats in his last 4 fights please.
        tell me who makes stats for just 4 fights then ill find them, the only stat i know for those fights is this 3W-1L...

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Sure, you could say that. It just wouldn't be an accurate statement. The correct analysis would be that it is very difficult for any fighter to hit Mayweather and Lara often (and Trout to a lesser extent). If you want to compare accuracy, take a look at Cotto's stats versus similar opposition. Canelo landed at a better percentage against Mayweather and Trout than Cotto did. People are too focused on size. The thing that changed Canelo's accuracy was the movement, skill and style of the fighters he faced. Angulo was the largest fighter he has ever faced and he was completely destroyed.

There's nothing to be ashamed of in having close fights with Trout and Lara.

Comment

• I like Cotto more than Canelo but I think Canelo beats the dog shit outta Cotto

Comment

• Wow this idiot actually called Gingy an ATG.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Wow this idiot actually called Gingy an ATG.
                Future ATG and probably TBE when he retires

Comment

• Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                  Future ATG and probably TBE when he retires
                  Gonna be tough to start 0-2 in his biggest fights. At least he's young.

Comment

• Originally posted by UTEP View Post
                    No way, Cotto whips Lara's ass. Trout and Lara fight nothing alike. You see, unlike Canelo, Cotto actually knows how to cut off the ring. Cotto whips Trouts ass in a rematch too.

The Cotto/Roach/Macmillan connection is unstoppable bro.
                    sorry carnal you're wrong . Cotto hasnt improved much its just now that hes with roach, roach is a master of picking dying calfs as opponents. a frsh young strong canelo is too much for cotto at this point..

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      Gonna be tough to start 0-2 in his biggest fights. At least he's young.
                      cant wait till this fight happens i got bet dibs with you homie. Canelo all the way

Comment

Working...
                      X