No announcement yet.

Lara-Canelo Summary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara-Canelo Summary

You are trying hard to make Canelo look bad but he just beat the best 154 pound fighter in the world and that makes Canelo the BEST 154 pounder in the world so how bad could he be? The defensive run away style of Lara combined with his speed and skill make it near impossible to look good against him. Canelo is the only guy to beat him in a fight that most fans agree was a close but deserved win for Canelo. Of course Lara fans and Canelo haters don't think he won. He won and it's official and in the record book. He is still on top as popular as ever and one of the best paid boxers in the world and that probably pisses you off.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      You are trying hard to make Canelo look bad but he just beat the best 154 pound fighter in the world and that makes Canelo the BEST 154 pounder in the world so how bad could he be? The defensive run away style of Lara combined with his speed and skill make it near impossible to look good against him. Canelo is the only guy to beat him in a fight that most fans agree was a close but deserved win for Canelo. Of course Lara fans and Canelo haters don't think he won. He won and it's official and in the record book. He is still on top as popular as ever and one of the best paid boxers in the world and that probably pisses you off.

I don't give a damn about Lara, Trout and Canelo.

They don't pay my bills, are not my friends. I just like boxing.

But how do you justify the bs scorecards in 3 of his last four fights?.

He might be the best paid boxer, or among the best paid. But part of that money is going to be needed to pay off judges if the tendency doesn't change.

How do you justify or condone that?.

Just for the record, I'm not defending Lara, he was too amateurish and way too negative.

Canelo cannot be handed every relatively close fight. I don't care how much he gets paid.

Tacit approval to corruption isn't good for the sport.
      Last edited by B-Bomber; 07-15-2014, 02:05 AM.

Comment

I'm not happy with Canelo's performance, but I did think he won. Even if you think he lost, it was still a close fight, which means Canelo is about as even as one can be with the supposed best 154lber in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
          I don't give a damn about Lara, Trout and Canelo.

They don't pay my bills, are not my friends. I just like boxing.

But how do you justify the bs scorecards in 3 of his last four fights?.

He might be the best paid boxer, or among the best paid. But part of that money is going to be needed to pay off judges if the tendency doesn't change.

How do you justify or condone that?.

Just for the record, I'm not defending Lara, he was too amateurish and way too negative.

Canelo cannot be handed every relatively close fight. I don't care how much he gets paid.

Tacit approval to corruption isn't good for the sport.
          Exactly. That's what boxing has boiled down to. It wasn't a fan-friendly fight despite how much it had been anticipated over the last couple years, but fan-friendly or not, Alvarez didn't do anything to show he deserved the nod. In fact, he did less than Lara.

Comment

I like Canelo. He's was very respectful after the fight whereas Lara wasn't. These Canelo fans tho... They're worse than Lara.

Comment

Working...
            X