No announcement yet.

Official Gennady Golovkin vs. Daniel Geale RbR, prediction & discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    He doesn't approach every fight the same way, obviously. He doesn't look for the KO but he's more or less aggressive depending on who he fights. You shouldn't fight patiently against a herky jerky, high workrate fighter like Geale .
    True, Geale did force his hand with his style/habits. It's probably better that the fight played out this way instead of 3G being patient and potentially letting Geale dictate the tempo and making rounds close. This fight was infinitely better than the co-main because 3G fought with a sense of urgency.

Comment

• Golovkin is something very rare

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I want to see GGG vs Froch or Kessler. It's too bad Golovkin wants Cotto and Mayweather and will not budge from 160 waiting for these guys to fight him. Two midgets compared to him.
        who gives a **** what you want to see.

He has accepted every and any fight proposed to him by HBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Kill me for being a fan of a young 19 year old prospect, who at 24 has already fought Mayweather, Lara, Trout, Angulo, Vazquez, Rhodes and was fighting overmatched opponents that Golovkin is fighting at 32, when he was 21-23 in Cintron, Mosley, Gomez, NDou, M. Hatton, Tyner. I mean the level of opponents GGG is fighting at 32, Canelo fought already in his teens and early 20s, that's just sad. Don't even compare the two, one has little amateur experience and is 24, the other is an accomplished amateur and is 32 wanting to feast on dudes below his weight class like Mayweather and Cotto who's never even weighed in higher than 155lbs on the scale, forget his MW title, he's not a MW.
          You're right the two cannot be compared, GGG climbed up the ranks the hard way and became a star purely because of his fighting ability, he doesn't have the luxury of having a huge ethnic fanbase in the U.S.. If Canelo was Kazakh I doubt he'd be as famous as GGG is in the states.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            You're right the two cannot be compared, GGG climbed up the ranks the hard way and became a star purely because of his fighting ability, he doesn't have the luxury of having a huge ethnic fanbase in the U.S.. If Canelo was Kazakh I doubt he'd be as famous as GGG is in the states.
            And WTF that has to do with his post?

He wasnt talking about who was the biggest star, which Canelo clearly is.

Comment

• who gives a **** what you want to see.

He has accepted every and any fight proposed to him by HBO.
              That's right, defend your man, don't let him go up to the sharks

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Canelo's Mexican fanbase is beneficial to his starpower, but his boxing style and looks also make him unique. Mexico has thousands and thousands of boxers, but Canelo made it out of those thousands by possessing a lot of skills for his age, and of course being picked up by GBP didn't hurt.

Victor Ortiz has charisma, exciting style, fought on the big stage, Mexican fanbase...**** chin, mentally weak, didn't make it. It's tough. Some fans are under the impression that Canelo was given the spot that he's in because he's a red headed Mexican. The guy is good, and he's young, I had him fighting to a Draw with Lara, and beating Trout, and kicked Angulo and Rhodes asses.

Comment

• I like Canelo and GGG but Canelo is mostly popular because he's a pretty boy who people want to be the next De La Hoya. His style is very linear and I can't see him ever dominantly reigning (then again, neither did DLH, people just loved him). Not saying he isn't very good, but the Floyd fight pretty much showed the limit of his potential. He's flat footed, he wants the fight to come to him so he can drop a rock on you. I would describe his style as "Guard Tower".

GGG has more power, better footwork, better defense, way more aggressive, he's just better. He has the potential to actually be a Chavez-esque destroyer.
                Last edited by E. O. Wilson; 07-26-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrWestGrand View Post
                  No one at 160 beats Glovkin right now, including Kid Chocolate who's my guy. The guy to handle GGG is Ward, his people know it, I know it, and Ward knows it. It's not fair to ask him to make that leap if he's not confident, so I say he should stick to the script, Unify, and try and break BHOPs record. He's not getting any younger approaching his mod 30's , so he can leave his mark this way as long as he keeps KOing everybody he faces.
                  He actually only just turned 32. So he still has another 15 fights or so where he'll still be in his prime if he fights on an average of 3-4 times a year like he's been doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
                    And WTF that has to do with his post?

He wasnt talking about who was the biggest star, which Canelo clearly is.
                    It's a NSB staple. When you can not refute one argument just make a totally new discussion. I just go along with it. What ever argument they want to put up, I will refute it. Canelo will end up being the more accomplished fighter. By GGG's current age, Canelo will have been long talking about retirement and people will be speaking of him going into the HOF.

Comment

• GGG haters hate life right now

Comment

Working...
                      X