No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: Canelo - Bigger Robbery Than Paul Williams Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
    Paul Williams was more blatant but this one was for the whole world to see shiette Lara didn't even look like he was in a fight only Canelo had the bruised up face . "Canelo gonna destroy lara doe!!" Hit him in the face 15 times in 12 rounds

dude, cmon yo. laras body was taking a whoopin and he was runnin alot, how you gonna defend that *****?

Comment

• Where was all this fighting spirit when he was in the ring? 18 hours in a boat and all that and he barely lifts a finger the biggest night of his life? I don't understand this dude one bit.

Comment

• I had Canelo winning 7 - 5. Lara did a great job in the opening 3 rounds. He was launching his left and setting it up with a good jab. He would use his footwork to get out of Canelo's reach and then set up again with his jab while Canelo reseted. Once the 4th round rolled around Canelo finally began to time Lara a bit better and did what a smart boxer/puncher would do against a moving opponent, ripped the body with thudding shots that would wear down the opponents Stamina. Lara would take off the following rounds by constantly moving but scarcely throwing any telling punches. He did have a few flashy left hands as well as counter rights when Canelo reached in to cut the distance but they were too few and in between action less rounds to be significant. Meanwhile Canelo was busy drilling at Lara's body. The late rounds beginning with round 10 Lara reverted to the proper game plan he had displayed in the early rounds of the match. He made Canelo chase, launch and miss, countered and moved away… rinsed and repeated. The 12th round was a close one in my eyes but I edged it to Canelo because he came out to hunt Lara down. When he managed to cut the distance he ripped Lara to the body once again caused Lara to focus more on evading than actual countering. Lara did land a solid combo at the bell but that wasn't enough to garner him a much needed round.

Truth is this fight was close. Draw or 2 round difference either way is perfectly fine in my eyes. 2 Judges scored the fight the way it should have been but the last one gave Lara enough firepower to scream robbery. No, it wasn't. Yes, his card was ******ly inaccurate but the fight had so many rounds it could have gone either way. Truth of the matter is boxing is a subjective sport when judging and so unless a fight is a complete domination or KO, there will always be a possibility for controversy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          I had Canelo winning 7 - 5. Lara did a great job in the opening 3 rounds. He was launching his left and setting it up with a good jab. He would use his footwork to get out of Canelo's reach and then set up again with his jab while Canelo reseted. Once the 4th round rolled around Canelo finally began to time Lara a bit better and did what a smart boxer/puncher would do against a moving opponent, ripped the body with thudding shots that would wear down the opponents Stamina. Lara would take off the following rounds by constantly moving but scarcely throwing any telling punches. He did have a few flashy left hands as well as counter rights when Canelo reached in to cut the distance but they were too few and in between action less rounds to be significant. Meanwhile Canelo was busy drilling at Lara's body. The late rounds beginning with round 10 Lara reverted to the proper game plan he had displayed in the early rounds of the match. He made Canelo chase, launch and miss, countered and moved away… rinsed and repeated. The 12th round was a close one in my eyes but I edged it to Canelo because he came out to hunt Lara down. When he managed to cut the distance he ripped Lara to the body once again caused Lara to focus more on evading than actual countering. Lara did land a solid combo at the bell but that wasn't enough to garner him a much needed round.

Truth is this fight was close. Draw or 2 round difference either way is perfectly fine in my eyes. 2 Judges scored the fight the way it should have been but the last one gave Lara enough firepower to scream robbery. No, it wasn't. Yes, his card was ******ly inaccurate but the fight had so many rounds it could have gone either way. Truth of the matter is boxing is a subjective sport when judging and so unless a fight is a complete domination or KO, there will always be a possibility for controversy.
          From top to bottom great post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jalisciense909 View Post
            This is gonna be Erislandy "The American Dream" Lara in a few years back in Cuba on a street corner:

hahahahahahahahahaha true.

Comment

• The days as a Lara fan are over for me. He fought like a ***** and cant agree that he lost the fight. He should know he needed to be more agressive but he fought like he dont want to win! With that attitude he will never be one of the best.
              Congratulations to Canelo! He has proven he is more than Hype.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                X